Author Topic: Trager pellets ?  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Lemonhead78

Re: Trager pellets ?
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2018, 03:37:30 PM »
Yes I’m getting cooking pellets . And yes In the garage . But my garage isint climate controlled. It will be humid in the summer. Are you saying if I keep them off the ground say on a pallet and in the unopened box they will be good that way ? If so I’ll only open them as I need them. I thought I would need to open them all and store them all in buckets .
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline rwalters

Trager pellets ?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2018, 04:04:00 PM »
Yes I’m getting cooking pellets . And yes In the garage . But my garage isint climate controlled. It will be humid in the summer. Are you saying if I keep them off the ground say on a pallet and in the unopened box they will be good that way ? If so I’ll only open them as I need them. I thought I would need to open them all and store them all in buckets .
Off the ground and left untouched til needed... I can’t imagine them being compromised. That would take a whole lotta buckets if you went that route.
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline Smokin Soon

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2018, 09:15:50 PM »
Is the Cabela's Hickory the 100% Lumberjack?
Traeger 070
2 Big Easy's

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2018, 09:40:54 AM »
Avoid Treager pellets at all costs.   You can order cooking pellets perfect mix from Amazon with free shipping.

you can also order Grilla grill and Rec Tec pellets from their respective web-sites with free shipping.

Pit Boss Competition pellets you can get from Walmart...usually 40 lbs for around 16 bucks. You can order on-line for free ship to store pickup.
Hey Smoke, how far are you now from lumberjack HQ?

about 4 hours   but under two hours to Cooking Pellets  8)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline KJRsmoker

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2018, 07:11:57 PM »
Nothing new to add that hasn't already been mentioned, but I believe Cookin Pellets are the best pellets out there.  Tons of different flavors, they burn clean, and the customer service is outstanding.  And I've heard nothing but bad things about Traeger's pellets.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 12:02:48 PM by KJRsmoker »
2016 MAK 2 Star 2817 ~ Remote Boss
Blackstone Griddle 28"
Gas Grill

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2018, 08:54:19 AM »
I ordered from Cookin' Pellets and did my first ccok with them last Friday.  I really like the results and probably will stick with them...overall good taste and good temp control..
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2018, 09:09:53 AM »
Can't help but mention GMG pellet blends. Good pellets. Gold and Texas and Fruit blends. 28 lb bags. If you have a GMG dealer close by it wouldn't hurt to check em out.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline zueth

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2018, 01:11:15 PM »
I really like the cookin pellets, but was too much money for me.  I have used the lumber jacks and have been real happy with them.

Offline cookinpellets junior

• cookinpellets.com
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2018, 04:00:05 PM »
 :thumbup:
Nothing new to add that hasn't already been mentioned, but I believe Cookin Pellets are the best pellets out there.  Tons of different flavors, they burn clean, and the customer service is outstanding.  And I've heard nothing but bad things about Traeger's pellets.
jr@cookinpellets.com
facebook: cookinpellets junior
facebook cookinpellets
www.cookinpellets.com

Offline cookinpellets junior

• cookinpellets.com
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2018, 04:00:45 PM »
 :thumbup:
I ordered from Cookin' Pellets and did my first ccok with them last Friday.  I really like the results and probably will stick with them...overall good taste and good temp control..
jr@cookinpellets.com
facebook: cookinpellets junior
facebook cookinpellets
www.cookinpellets.com