Author Topic: "IF" you could go back in time.........  (Read 812 times)

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: "IF" you could go back in time.........
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2019, 02:51:35 PM »
Based on the "see one time," I would definitely say Janis Joplin. Just to go back in time and see someone though, it would be The Moody Blues circa 1970.  A Question of Balance is my favorite album and that was certainly their high point musically.  I have seen them numerous times with the first being 5th row center seats in 1986.  I was the 1st person in line (~18 hours before they went on sale) to buy retail seats at the box office.  I miss the old ticket buying experience.

Same here...ticket prices too lol
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2019, 03:21:07 PM »
Based on the "see one time," I would definitely say Janis Joplin. Just to go back in time and see someone though, it would be The Moody Blues circa 1970.  A Question of Balance is my favorite album and that was certainly their high point musically.  I have seen them numerous times with the first being 5th row center seats in 1986.  I was the 1st person in line (~18 hours before they went on sale) to buy retail seats at the box office.  I miss the old ticket buying experience.

Same here...ticket prices too lol
You ain't kidding.   My first concert was 8.00 a ticket now they wanted 350.00 + to see the "NEW EAGLES" that's crazy
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Pac Man

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2019, 03:38:58 PM »
I miss the old ticket buying experience.
So true! It was almost as exhilarating as the show itself. Almost...
MAK 2-Star General
Weber Original Kettle 22-inch
HM Lump Charcoal Barrel Burner

Offline DWard51

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2019, 05:59:53 PM »
I was the 1st person in line (~18 hours before they went on sale) to buy retail seats at the box office.  I miss the old ticket buying experience.

Ah, the way we did things *BEFORE* there was an internet..... 

Offline Pac Man

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2019, 06:05:33 PM »
I don't know about the rest of the country, but concerts here in Oregon were way different in the "stand in line for a ticket" days. You used to be able to see good bands in tiny bars or other small venues all over the state, but now there are three or four giant arenas or amphitheaters and they basically run a monopoly on all shows. It's a shame.
MAK 2-Star General

Offline Smokin Soon

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2019, 09:00:32 PM »
Concerts these days are way out of my budget. I had my fill in the 60's and 70's. Young & dumb, me and my buddies packed into Woodstock, quite an experience. Since then I've seen Skynyrd, Neil Young, The Stones & a few I've forgotten. Also enjoyed seeing a few before fame, Linda Ronstadt & the Stone Pony's in a small cowboy bar in AZ and R.E.O. Speedwagon in a college bar in Champaign/Urbana. Never had the urge to join screaming 12 year old's to see the Beatles.
My first concert was The Beach Boys at a colosseum with wooden fold up chairs in the main section. Some of the crowd was upset when they discovered Brian Wilson was ill and had been replaced with a sub and started throwing chairs at the stage.  The sub was Glenn Campball and he hit every note perfect.
Traeger 070
2 Big Easy's

Offline Pac Man

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2019, 11:15:17 AM »
The sub was Glenn Campball and he hit every note perfect.
Don't doubt it. Glenn Campbell was one of the finest guitar players of all time. Played with the Wrecking Crew too, if I'm not mistaken.
MAK 2-Star General