Author Topic: New Chainsaw  (Read 536 times)

Offline rexster314

New Chainsaw
« Reply #-1 on: June 11, 2019, 11:08:50 AM »
It is on topic, guys. I got tired of the gas Echo saw I've had for a number of years. Main use was cutting up logs for my stick burner and occasional use for upstart trees. It got to where I didn't know if it would start from week to week, and day to day. I'd throw my back out at least once a year trying to start the thing. Last week, I stepped over to the dark side and went cordless electric. Yep, a Milwaukee M18 Fuel 16" chainsaw. Mr. Fedex delivered it yesterday. After charging the 12v battery, I tried it out on some firewood that needed cutting down to size. Wow, is all I can say. Instant on, instant off, no having it idle while dancing on the ground. Went through 2" logs like a hot knife through melted butter. Fairly high priced to do the change, but for me it's less headache making sure I've got 2 cycle fuel/oil mix or enough TruFuel and the sometimes back problem
If anyone is considering going electric, this thing is  highly recommended
Masterbuilt 560 Gravity Feed
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
KitchenAid 720-0856V 8 burner 88,000btu gasser
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
2 MES 40" smokers
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Cham

Offline Jaxon

Re: New Chainsaw
« on: June 11, 2019, 12:55:37 PM »
Great idea, sir.

All my yard tools are electric now...instant on/off is a good plan...plus, no fuel to mix and spill.

I don't have need for heavy-duty, macho tools.  This 40v battery supply is just right.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 01:44:27 PM »
I hear you sir. Got a great weed trimmer a year plus ago. The gas one proved to be a pain for reasons you stated. Now I did get a new small Stihl chain saw this year. So far it starts easy.

I will draw the line on electric lawn mowers or snow blowers. Not ever going to happen in Minnesota.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 02:58:37 PM »
Well Pappy, I got an Ego electric snow thrower that handled the lake effect snow admirably this past winter.

However, I think you guys get more snow than us over in Minnesota.

We got the snow thrower a mower a blower and string trimmer all from Ego.

I like the fact that the mower is so much quieter I can mow and edge the lawn late evenings and nobody complains  8)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 03:12:17 PM »
Well Pappy, I got an Ego electric snow thrower that handled the lake effect snow admirably this past winter.

However, I think you guys get more snow than us over in Minnesota.

We got the snow thrower a mower a blower and string trimmer all from Ego.

I like the fact that the mower is so much quieter I can mow and edge the lawn late evenings and nobody complains  8)
That would be the one brand I would consider. It's what I bought for my string trimmer. Pretty impressed with it's performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pappy

Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline RAD

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 08:01:46 PM »
I've goon electric mower, edger, blower, etc...

Since my daughter moved back in she does all the yard as a thank you, but she tells me she likes them.  ::)
Love to cook and eat

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 08:07:31 PM »
If it's all you guys crack it up to be, the electric chainsaw might well change the face of horror movies forever. At least they'll be quieter before the screaming starts. Jus' sayin'...
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 05:39:33 AM »
We've recently moved and I'm in the process of upgrading equipment, and have been eyeing a chainsaw.  I like my neighbors gas powered Stihl, but would be open to anything electric. I'm with pappy about snow removal and lawn mowers, needs to be gas, and I will add leaf blower to that list.  Echo Pb580 backpack blower is amazing and starts on the second pull every time (first pull primes it turn off choke as with all Echo power equipment).  Packs so much power, I'm required to add some extra weight to my 150 pound frame so I don't fly away.
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline Pappymn

New Chainsaw
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 11:01:45 AM »
We've recently moved and I'm in the process of upgrading equipment, and have been eyeing a chainsaw.  I like my neighbors gas powered Stihl, but would be open to anything electric. I'm with pappy about snow removal and lawn mowers, needs to be gas, and I will add leaf blower to that list.  Echo Pb580 backpack blower is amazing and starts on the second pull every time (first pull primes it turn off choke as with all Echo power equipment).  Packs so much power, I'm required to add some extra weight to my 150 pound frame so I don't fly away.
Check out the electric Toro PowerJet blower. I have one and it is crazy powerful and cheap!

Pappy

Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline rexster314

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 02:12:16 PM »

[/quote]
Check out the electric Toro PowerJet blower. I have one and it is crazy powerful and cheap!

[/quote]

When you're looking at battery powered blowers be sure to compare apples to apples. Wind speed and CFM along with battery run time should all be considered. A highpowered blower with 150mph speed, but a cfm of 200 is not worth the money
Masterbuilt 560 Gravity Feed
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
KitchenAid 720-0856V 8 burner 88,000btu gasser
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
2 MES 40" smokers
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Cham

Offline Salmonsmoker

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2019, 10:30:29 AM »
If it's all you guys crack it up to be, the electric chainsaw might well change the face of horror movies forever. At least they'll be quieter before the screaming starts. Jus' sayin'...

What would "I fixed the newel post, hon !!" in Christmas Vacation be without the noise? Disappointing... ;)