Author Topic: New Weber pellet pooper  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Pappymn

Re: New Weber pellet pooper
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2020, 01:54:43 PM »
Been slow at work so I have been able to watch a few more videos on this grill.    I hate to say but it's not looking good for Weber right now  :o

With the way folks are sending these back to Lowes it won't be long before there is a recall for the issues.     I would NOT want to be in Webers attorneys shoes right now !
Yeah I was thinking recall too. Wonder if their is any history of that happening in the grill industry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2020, 02:10:41 PM »
Been slow at work so I have been able to watch a few more videos on this grill.    I hate to say but it's not looking good for Weber right now  :o

With the way folks are sending these back to Lowes it won't be long before there is a recall for the issues.     I would NOT want to be in Webers attorneys shoes right now !
Yeah I was thinking recall too. Wonder if their is any history of that happening in the grill industry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good question
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline ClimberDave

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2020, 04:30:07 PM »
I have been in the market for  a pellet grill for a while  now  and when I saw the  claims of the Weber, mainly the possibility to get to  600 degrees for searing,  i was excited,  then when I saw all the Youtube vids from all the  BBQers  who were invited  I was pretty sure I would be pulling the trigger on one  early this year.

Glad  I waited
Kamado Joe III Big Joe
Weber 22" One-Touch kettle
Weber Smokey Joe Simpsons Edition
PBC
Slow and Sear
Generic gasser
Roccbox Pizza Oven
Anova One
Joule
Anova Nano

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2020, 06:27:35 PM »
I have been in the market for  a pellet grill for a while  now  and when I saw the  claims of the Weber, mainly the possibility to get to  600 degrees for searing,  i was excited,  then when I saw all the Youtube vids from all the  BBQers  who were invited  I was pretty sure I would be pulling the trigger on one  early this year.

Glad  I waited

The Pit boss grills have a nice sear feature if you're interested. I have 2 of them, they do work! My newest one claims 1000 degrees, I have yet to put a laser on it though to verify.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2020, 07:15:24 PM »
Harry Soo was invited to Weber to check out the new Pellet Grill.

He claimed in the video that Weber gave a seriously look at the 18 pellet grill offerings at the time and set out to fix the "problems" that pellet grills offered.

I am shocked that Weber is having these issues. It is not like them at all.

When they launch a new product it is ready for the masses.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Smokin Soon

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2020, 10:51:56 PM »
Could it be that they focused on Pellet Grill owners that wanted more searing ability without paying much attention to longer slow cooks? Some even say the smoke flavor is lacking on slow cooks, [before the grease fire]. I was cocked and loaded on this one, thinking Weber has the resources to design and test a game changing Pellet Grill. I expect the return rate will be high.
Traeger 070
2 Big Easy's

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2020, 11:08:23 PM »
Could it be that they focused on Pellet Grill owners that wanted more searing ability without paying much attention to longer slow cooks? Some even say the smoke flavor is lacking on slow cooks, [before the grease fire]. I was cocked and loaded on this one, thinking Weber has the resources to design and test a game changing Pellet Grill. I expect the return rate will be high.

Let's keep this thread going as I thought about the smaller one for my cabin. Interesting to see how Weber responds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2020, 08:12:50 AM »

Let's keep this thread going as I thought about the smaller one for my cabin. Interesting to see how Weber responds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
From what I been reading Weber has not really done anything for anyone that bought a unit so far.      Lowes has returned customers money with litte hassel from what I can find so they get a  :thumbup: from me on that one
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2020, 10:45:17 AM »
I cant imagine the flavorizor bar set up to be safe when smoking 3 or 4 pork butts with nice thick fat caps...…………..

What were they thinking??
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2020, 11:08:16 AM »
I cant imagine the flavorizor bar set up to be safe when smoking 3 or 4 pork butts with nice thick fat caps...…………..

What were they thinking??
It works for a gas grill is the only thing I can think of.     They just didn't do thier research on this one
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline ClimberDave

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2020, 12:13:05 PM »

Glad  I waited

The Pit boss grills have a nice sear feature if you're interested. I have 2 of them, they do work! My newest one claims 1000 degrees, I have yet to put a laser on it though to verify.

What model claims  1000degrees?  Or is it the entire line??   

I didnt see it on the site
 :thumbup:
Kamado Joe III Big Joe
Weber 22" One-Touch kettle
Weber Smokey Joe Simpsons Edition
PBC
Slow and Sear
Generic gasser
Roccbox Pizza Oven
Anova One
Joule
Anova Nano