Author Topic: Instant Pot  (Read 744 times)

Offline zueth

Instant Pot
« Reply #-1 on: January 31, 2021, 10:28:31 PM »
Where is the best place to post meals cooked in Instant Pot?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Ka Honu

Re: Instant Pot
« on: February 01, 2021, 12:23:08 AM »
Most folks seem to do it in "Other cooking Eqipment (sic)»Other cookers" or "Recipes."

PS - Would one of you moderators (other than Tee) please correct "Eqipment" on the home page. It makes us seem like IAs (Illiterate Aggies - yes, I know that's redundant).
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline zueth

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 12:38:54 AM »
Thank You.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 09:59:48 AM »
Excited to see how you use it.
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 10:46:27 AM »
suggestion..I think they should have a category for pressure cookers. I have 2 IP's and a power pressure xl and love all of them and use them almost every day.
 I have so many recipes for simple stuff.  Like potato salad, peel 2#'s potatoes and top with 6 eggs and cook for 6 mintues..release pressure and finish however you make yours.
Collard greens, just add your fixins and cook for 25 mintues..perfect.
Mac & cheese is very fast 4 mintues. Rice pudding is 3 minutes. Mashed potatoes is 6 minutes. Pulled pork or ribs are almost fall off the bone. Great for cooking indoors in COLD weather.
These are not entire recipes but they sure make life easier. I always take one to the camper in the summer.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 06:02:06 PM »
suggestion..I think they should have a category for pressure cookers. I have 2 IP's and a power pressure xl and love all of them and use them almost every day.
 I have so many recipes for simple stuff.  Like potato salad, peel 2#'s potatoes and top with 6 eggs and cook for 6 mintues..release pressure and finish however you make yours.
Mac & cheese is very fast 4 mintues. Rice pudding is 3 minutes. Mashed potatoes is 6 minutes. Pulled pork or ribs are almost fall off the bone. Great for cooking indoors in COLD weather.
These are not entire recipes but they sure make life easier. I always take one to the camper in the summer.

Pam when are you opening your restaurant?   Sounds great.     Great idea on the pressure cookers
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Pam Gould

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 01:12:15 PM »

Pam when are you opening your restaurant?   Sounds great.     Great idea on the pressure cookers
Thanks Tail..no retaurant here..I made homemade noodles for beef and noodles..cookign them in a liil while..all by hand but willing to use pc for smashed potatoes to go with.
It's the lil easy stuff that I am working on now,,I call them time savers. I have almost 12,000,000 recipes for IP and power pressure xl. I recently found a round stand that holds 2 pc's. its on wheels and fabulous. I got it from Target and there was a bit of solder in the place where I put the wheels on it , so it would not go in..I called and they sent me another one for free and said keep the other one..all in 2 days. So stepson tapped it out and now I have 2..lucky girl.    .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline old sarge

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2021, 10:08:57 PM »
We have  an 8qt IP .  It is very convenient. One of our favorites is refried beans.  A large smoked ham hock or shank, pintos, cover with water and 50 minutes under pressure and they are done.  Drain off most of the broth and use a stick blender to get the texture you want, adding back broth as needed. Freeze the broth in ice cube trays to aid in reconstituting the beans if you freeze some. Or give your pea soup a smoky flavored broth.  Good eats.
US Army 1970-1995
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber kettle
Ducane Meridian
Cookshack Amérique
Smokin-it 3D
Old Hickory Knives
Chefs Choice 665 Slicer
LEM MaxVac
LEM BigBite #8
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2021, 09:05:57 AM »

Thanks Tail..no retaurant here..I made homemade noodles for beef and noodles..cookign them in a liil while..all by hand but willing to use pc for smashed potatoes to go with.
It's the lil easy stuff that I am working on now,,I call them time savers. I have almost 12,000,000 recipes for IP and power pressure xl. I recently found a round stand that holds 2 pc's. its on wheels and fabulous. I got it from Target and there was a bit of solder in the place where I put the wheels on it , so it would not go in..I called and they sent me another one for free and said keep the other one..all in 2 days. So stepson tapped it out and now I have 2..lucky girl.    .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

Sounds great Thanks Pam
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Pam Gould

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2021, 09:21:21 AM »
We have  an 8qt IP .  It is very convenient. One of our favorites is refried beans.  A large smoked ham hock or shank, pintos, cover with water and 50 minutes under pressure and they are done.  Drain off most of the broth and use a stick blender to get the texture you want, adding back broth as needed. Freeze the broth in ice cube trays to aid in reconstituting the beans if you freeze some. Or give your pea soup a smoky flavored broth.  Good eats.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron