Author Topic: The RG Game Room  (Read 8492 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
The RG Game Room
« Reply #-1 on: February 27, 2021, 08:40:55 PM »
As some of you know already, I redid my game room at the beginning of the pandemic, at least somewhere around that time. I posted a thread on here with pictures. Well, as typical with me, I didn't stop there. I actually redid a few things, rearranged and added and the end result is what's in this video. Not quite a year, working on stuff here and there.

I made some things, bought some things. Overall I'd say I am happy with it. One of these days I will actually have some friends over to check it out, grill up some burgers and dogs and have an 80s night, lol.

Watch it Full Screen if you can. Youtube is still processing the HD version as I type this but should be available in at least 1080p, I shot it in 2.7K with low light settings. It's not too bad.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Ka Honu

Re: The RG Game Room
« on: February 27, 2021, 09:23:15 PM »
If I ever get quarantined I wanna do my time at your house.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline Lines

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 11:42:59 PM »
Very Cool!

Offline hd002

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 08:40:19 AM »
Fantastic ....Bringing back some memories.

Offline RG

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 09:46:53 AM »
I posted this in an 80s Facebook group and someone asked to see the area with the lights on, so....here's that, lol

A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Roget

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 05:33:16 PM »
Unbelievable!
I would never leave that area, except for one thing.
Where's the bar??  :thinking: :thinking:  :D
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline RG

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 07:09:01 PM »
Unbelievable!
I would never leave that area, except for one thing.
Where's the bar??  :thinking: :thinking:  :D

Thanks! The bar? It's in the diner, there's a Margaritaville drink machine in there with some rum and vodka. Mixers in the fridge. That's for making frozen drinks, other than that, it's just beer in the fridge, lol. We don't drink much, every once in a while. I haven't used that machine in years :p

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2021, 10:13:20 PM »
Important info - thanks for clarifying. I'll bring my own case of Scotch for the quarantine stay.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2021, 04:48:51 AM »
Jason, that is a fantastic space. Who needs Joanna and Chip Gaines or the Property Brothers to fix up their extra space. I'm impressed.

Offline Roget

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2021, 02:32:13 PM »
This is what I just added to my family room. Not quite finished. Still need to build my back bar & add some more lighting.
Fully stocked bar and cooler for beer, wine, & soda. (& notice I too have the requisite Margaritaville mixer  :D  :D) V & I actually don't drink that much either, but we do like our "Ritas", so we use that quite often. To be truthful, we have been known to have a couple of beers or a glass or two of wine on occasion ::).
Pool table is just to the right of this pic. TV room just to the right of that.

YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven

Offline RAD

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2021, 07:00:00 PM »
This is what I just added to my family room. Not quite finished. Still need to build my back bar & add some more lighting.
Fully stocked bar and cooler for beer, wine, & soda. (& notice I too have the requisite Margaritaville mixer  :D  :D) V & I actually don't drink that much either, but we do like our "Ritas", so we use that quite often. To be truthful, we have been known to have a couple of beers or a glass or two of wine on occasion ::).
Pool table is just to the right of this pic. TV room just to the right of that.

Not bad. I really like the glock resting and waiting. LOL
Love to cook and eat

Offline RAD

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2021, 07:02:04 PM »
RG. You're killing me. I thought you had the best game room before. You've out done yourself. Too bad today's gen will never have the feeling of popping quarter after quarter into a real video game. Well done!!!
Love to cook and eat

Offline RG

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2021, 07:42:20 PM »
RG. You're killing me. I thought you had the best game room before. You've out done yourself. Too bad today's gen will never have the feeling of popping quarter after quarter into a real video game. Well done!!!

Thanks man. It was a labor of love. I just kept thinking of other things I could add/make. It was a fun ride while it lasted. Now it's "done" I will focus on getting the 2 bedrooms I have in the basement decluttered. It's a mess. I just rented a 20 yard roll off dumpster and filled it up with building debris from a deck I just rebuilt as well as general household JUNK from the basement. Truth be known, I could fill another with more stuff from the basement and garage. Good thing I have a truck, I'll be using it for trips to the dump, lol.

As for the quarters, yep....there was something oddly satisfying about going to the arcade and putting dollar bills into the change machine and getting those tokens or quarters and trying to get the most out of each one. Dragon's Lair and Space Ace ATE quarters though. I still can't play those worth a flip, lol!

Offline Roget

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2021, 09:20:04 PM »
To RG (and everyone else)
I think I may have made a faux pas by posting the picture of my bar in this thread.
I thought it fit in with the theme of RG's project and might be of interest.
In retrospect, I believe it may not have been a wise decision on my part.
I certainly meant no disrespect to RG, but now I realize it have been seen as such.
So I humbly apologize if I offended RG or anyone.
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven

Offline RG

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2021, 09:51:28 PM »
To RG (and everyone else)
I think I may have made a faux pas by posting the picture of my bar in this thread.
I thought it fit in with the theme of RG's project and might be of interest.
In retrospect, I believe it may not have been a wise decision on my part.
I certainly meant no disrespect to RG, but now I realize it have been seen as such.
So I humbly apologize if I offended RG or anyone.

No apology needed brother! I didn't think anything at all like that, I actually loved that you posted it! You're among friends, I certainly have/had no issues at all with it. I love seeing cool pictures of what others do their homes. That bar is TOP notch or should I say TOP SHELF? :p

It's very nice, great craftsmanship, unlike the things I am capable of. I'm certainly no Bob Villa, lol.