Author Topic: Cookout in 3 weeks - no reservations needed  (Read 4560 times)

Offline Jaxon

Cookout in 3 weeks - no reservations needed
« Reply #-1 on: September 09, 2021, 06:19:30 PM »
The Cookout with Bremer is coming up fast...Oct 1st - 3rd.
Byron, GA is home to Backyard Jack's BBQ where we meet and it is almost in the center of the state on I-75.
We have a number of folks who will be here...many have been here for the other Cookouts. 
It's always a blast getting to see folks we know from this forum. We have plenty of grills for cookin' lots of great food.  Most of it low and slow which gives lots of time for listening to the lies and tall tales.
It is family friendly with no politics discussed...just great weekend to share good food and fellowship - AND IT'S FREE.
There are many hotels very close by (Google it).
If you want to come for just Saturday, no problem.  We'll just be glad to see you.
People are coming from as far as Hawaii and Houston, Asheville and Augusta, Haleyville and Hinesville and points in between.
Please do me a favor and come to this cookout.  I really want to see you.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
Re: Cookout in 3 weeks - no reservations needed
« on: September 09, 2021, 09:15:44 PM »
I was looking into trying to get time off, and driving down with Pam, but that's looking less and less likely.  Like everyone else, we are so short staffed it's not funny.  Not only am I driving my regular bus route,  but I'm getting multiple field/athletic trips per week.

Still, I'm hoping beyond hope that I can get that Friday off and come down.  It'd be awesome to see everyone again!
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 02:31:23 AM »
Three weeks can't come soon enough. We all look forward to getting together and having a great time sharing stories and our outdoor cooking experiences. We eat very well with all the food that is cooked and we just enjoy each other's company. We have been getting together yearly since 2011 and a few years we did it twice a year. There are a lot of new members that we haven't met in person that we would really like to meet and get to know better. You are all welcome.

This cookout takes place at Backyard Jack's in Byron, Georgia. Byron is about 20 miles south of Macon on I-75. Backyard Jack's is really Jack and Deb's home and palatial grounds (their backyard). They are awesome hosts and will make you feel right at home. We usually stay at Comfort Inn in Byron which is really convenient to Jack and Deb's house. Some of the more affluent members reserve higher quality abodes in Byron and Warner Robbins and some are bringing their travel trailers. If you are coming from Conyers, GA, it is possible to make it a day trip if you don't have enough time to take off work. It's just a short trip from northeast Alabama for Lines and just a little further for BamaBob. We would love to meet you guys. And remember, everyone is welcome.

Cliff, we would all love to see you and Pam again. Hope that you and she can make it. Make sure she brings her zero flag.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 10:59:58 AM »
I'm going to try my hardest, just don't know yet.   Kimmie is still dealing with her mom's house and the rest of the stuff that comes with being the executor of her estate 
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 02:55:19 PM »
...Make sure she brings her zero flag.

... and, more importantly, a stick to stir the breakfast gravy.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 12:57:47 PM »
I am hoping to make it, I know I always say that lol! I will know more closer to the time. I'll let y'all know!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 04:46:22 PM »
Jaxon,
Maureen and I are planning on attending.  It has been a long time since we have been able to get together with all our BBQ friends.  Maureen is looking forward to "chatting up some SEC football" with Dee.  If Terry and Kerry attend, Kerry and I can celebrate our birthdays on October 2nd.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 05:44:13 PM »
Make sure she brings her zero flag.

I just found out that's not a "zero." Turns out it's an "O" for Oregon. Who knew?
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2021, 03:47:43 PM »
  Well, If God is willing and the creek don't rise (more than it is now) We are headed to BYJ's Oct 1. !!!!   
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2021, 04:06:57 PM »
  Well, If God is willing and the creek don't rise (more than it is now) We are headed to BYJ's Oct 1. !!!!   

Great news, Terry. Can't wait to see you and Kerry there. Should we prepare a surprise birthday party for Kerry and Art (ACW3) on Saturday?

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2021, 04:11:08 PM »

Woo-Hoo!
<><

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2021, 04:58:23 PM »
Right now not looking good for Kimmie and me. 

We have been knee deep and family and her mom's eastate and looks like we will be for aonther 3 to 5 weekends.  I would tell you why but anyone that has delt with family and stuff from someone who has past knows what we are dealing with  ??? ???

weekends are the only real time we can get together and finish up so we will more than likely have to pass this year up  :( :(
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2021, 10:54:23 AM »
Right now not looking good for Kimmie and me. 

We have been knee deep and family and her mom's eastate and looks like we will be for aonther 3 to 5 weekends.  I would tell you why but anyone that has delt with family and stuff from someone who has past knows what we are dealing with  ??? ???

weekends are the only real time we can get together and finish up so we will more than likely have to pass this year up  :( :(

We're gonna miss y'all...
May God give you wisdom and understanding to deal with those things.
<><