Author Topic: Problems with Maverick ET-732  (Read 1580 times)

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: Problems with Maverick ET-732
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2013, 09:14:34 PM »
Too bad about the probe.  I can't add a lot except to reiterate what others have said.  Take everything apart, and dry it all out.  Try swapping sides to isolate the problem, etc.  I saw the error one time, but I think it was actually that I didn't have the probe completely inserted into the unit.  Other than that, I haven't had problems either with my stock probes or my 6' replacements.  I have abused them pretty good over the course of a lot of cooks, and luckily they are still kicking.  I need to buy one of the replacements that can be used as pit or meat probe just in case.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2013, 09:54:48 PM »
Moisture getting into the probe is main cause of this issue. A trip in the oven at 350F for 30 minutes usually does the trick.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline RAD

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 07:52:51 AM »
Same issue here. Using the oven works but after a few more cooks the issue will reappear. I am going to dry aging and then try the sealant idea.

Love to cook and eat

Offline Scott6049

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2013, 11:51:29 PM »
just an update, I contacted Maverick's customer service in reference to my faulty probe and they are shipping me a new one out
no questions asked free of charge. :) :)....I was very happy with their customer service
MAK Grill 2 Star General #1366 **
Weber Charcoal Grill
Old Gasser
Whoo Hoo BBQ
Let's get SMOKING!

Offline Pappymn

Problems with Maverick ET-732
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2013, 12:07:07 AM »
just an update, I contacted Maverick's customer service in reference to my faulty probe and they are shipping me a new one out
no questions asked free of charge. :) :)....I was very happy with their customer service

At the end of the day, that is all that matters. Mistakes happen, it is was happens after next that makes a company worthy of our business.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Scott6049

Problems with Maverick ET-732
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2013, 12:20:21 AM »

At the end of the day, that is all that matters. Mistakes happen, it is was happens after next that makes a company worthy of our business.

You are 100% correct Pappy
MAK Grill 2 Star General #1366 **
Weber Charcoal Grill
Old Gasser
Whoo Hoo BBQ
Let's get SMOKING!

Offline bbqchef

• Cape Cod BBQ
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2013, 06:35:23 AM »
Never had a problem with my ET (yet) but have had numerous problems with Polders... and the company won't replace the probes!
Author of "Mastering BBQ"
KCBS CBJ & CTC/ Ph. B.
Broilmaster P-3
Yoder YS640
WSM x 3
CharBroil Big Easy
Grill Dome Infinity
Enough cast iron to sink a ship
Weber kettle
Lodge hibachi
A garage full (literally) of cooking gear, pellets, charwood and wood chunks (no room for a car)