Author Topic: Memorial Day Weekend 2013 Pictures  (Read 595 times)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Memorial Day Weekend 2013 Pictures
« Reply #-1 on: May 27, 2013, 11:44:03 PM »
We - Karen (my wife), Emma (15 yr old daughter), Rachel (13 yr old daughter) & Roscoe (9 month puppy) went to Lake of the Woods for the Memorial Day Weekend. Karen's parents live on Oak Island (on the border of the US & Canada.) No cooking pics as my FIL has a grill we bought for a Christmas gift - hasn't unboxed it yet...  :o ??? ;)

But, we did cut down an 80 foot tree (was dying at the top and a good wind would have sent it into his living room!) Took a bit to get it down, then less than 4 hours later it was "processed" into firewood and the "scraps" into a fire that lasted for the weekend.

Had some good fishing - 6 limits of walleyes to come home. I also had a 24" & 26" walleye (they had to go back) and Emma caught a 30" northern - as well as several keeper walleyes. Her boyfriend, Will, got a 25" walleye (returned to the lake) and a couple keepers. Rachel was skunked - had a few good hits, but didn't get them in the boat.

Some pics from the weekend...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 11:51:43 PM by drholly »
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2013 Pictures
« on: May 27, 2013, 11:50:54 PM »
Some more pictures from the weekend. Phoster and Phranklin are inlaw dogs - Roscoe's "cousins". Unfortunately for them, Roscoe is 9 months old - a puppy full of energy. They are 11 and 12 years old - tired and like to lay around... makes for some "fun times"...  ??? ;D

Roscoe grew up in snow - this is all new to him. When we dumped the fish out and they started moving, he almost had a heart attack and wouldn't leave my side...  ??? But finally was coaxed into giving one of the walleyes a kiss... The other dogs love fried fish, he really didn't like it... we'll see as time goes on.

I hope you all had a safe, reflective and enjoyable holiday.

David

[attachment deleted by admin]
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 01:42:42 PM »
David, Great pictures.  I like the way you positioned the ladder so that the limbs were easy to get to.

The kids are really growing up.  The best picture may well be the one with the two girls and the dog on the floor.  That maybe worth making a hard copy and framing.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline Pappymn

Memorial Day Weekend 2013 Pictures
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 03:25:16 PM »
Great pics sir. Looks like the fishing was good. And the fire was required this weekend ???
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 06:16:20 PM »
"As Good As It Gets"!
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 07:00:43 PM »
"As Good As It Gets"!

My wife and a fire, for sure
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline hikerman

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 07:55:04 PM »
Thanks for the pics David. You have a wonderful family there. I've canoed many times in and around that area of the border lakes.
Great country, a nice place to spend a holiday to say the least.
Yeah, I'm with Dee, that ladder probably came in handy for the upper reaches of the tree....
Gene

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 08:05:37 PM »
Looks like you had a great weekend David!! Thanks for Sharing :)