Author Topic: Need a Sweet & Sour BBQ Rib Sauce  (Read 501 times)

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
Need a Sweet & Sour BBQ Rib Sauce
« Reply #-1 on: May 29, 2013, 01:54:02 PM »
My wife (of a very long time) tells me today that she is really not fond of BBQ Sauce.

She would like something a little sweet and sour. Like Chinese BBQ, lol

Any hints greatly appreciated.

CDN
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Re: Need a Sweet & Sour BBQ Rib Sauce
« on: May 29, 2013, 02:31:25 PM »
You may want to look at the recipe for Hubba Bubba sauce that I posted and substitute  Hoisin sauce for the ketchup. Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 02:42:25 PM »
Got it, many thanks
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 03:11:43 PM »
Trader Joe's General Tsau stir fry sauce.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 03:42:20 PM »
Get some Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki or Mr.Yoshida's. Add brown sugar to it and then simmer on the stove and reduce the liquid until thickened. Should make for a great rib glaze ;)

If you can't get these at your store then use some Teriyaki sauce with the brown sugar. Add minced garlic, onion powder, sesame seed, and some ground ginger. Reduce and thicken.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 05:49:33 PM »
Speaking of Yoshida's.  Nepas had some at the KOA Gathering that was a general purpose and not the teriyaki and as a result was not as strong...which I think is a good thing.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers