Author Topic: The Complete Wood Pellet Barbeque Cookbook by Bob Devon?  (Read 3776 times)

Offline perferd

Re: The Complete Wood Pellet Barbeque Cookbook by Bob Devon?
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 04:03:20 PM »
I bought slow fire and smoke and spice today...I will read cook and report back..
Semper Fi.
Once a Marine always a Marine
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don'thave that problem." President Regan

Offline IBCookin

Re: The Complete Wood Pellet Barbeque Cookbook by Bob Devon?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2013, 10:58:00 PM »
I have this book and it's not bad.
Starts out with the Basics of Wood Pellet Grill Cooking, then goes on to Rubs, Spice Blends, Marinades and Sauces.
Then there's the usual Beef, Pork, chicken Turkey Seafood and Vegetables. Then the not so usual Breads, Pizzas and Sandwiches. Ending up with Desserts.

The author is not a cook or chef but an avid backyard BBQer. According to the bio on the book he learned BBQ through his career with the military and as a professional wine tester in a winery... ??

As mentioned it does not have any pictures. Every four or five pages there is a little sidebar with info about something in that chapter. i.e. Best Wine for Pork Dishes or Mixing and Keading Yeast Dough by Hand, or Is It a Loin or Tenderloin. Just a bit of side info but usually interesting stuff.

Receipes are pretty good and pretty much everyday type ingredients.
Everyone is good at something....
I just happen to be a good bad example.

GMG Daniel Boone Pellet Cooker