Author Topic: You're Something Else  (Read 2444 times)

Offline hikerman

Re: You're Something Else
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2013, 12:22:11 AM »
I totally agree with Dee on his thread. I am relatively new around  here,  I was invited by Tommy a while back and then welcomed by most all of the regular "family" on here since my first post. Forums are only as good as the folks who contribute in them. This forum is mostly intended to be a bbq/grilling/sharing site, but it is so much more! It truly is a fellowship. People not only share here, which they do quite often, but more importantly, the folks here care. They truly care. That is so rare in the cyber world. I am not only proud to be a very small part of what goes on in here, I am very thankful and appreciative that I was welcomed into the fold by all of you.  It is a place like "Cheers" where you like to go to a place that everybody knows your name!
Cheers
Gene

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2013, 12:24:18 AM »
There are some good folks on here.... And some really talented cooks too ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2013, 08:03:06 AM »
muebe, and then we have Jaxon.   ;)  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2013, 08:23:33 AM »
Allrighty...on the count of three.......a big ole Lets Talk BBQ Group Hug.......one......two..........three..................

and whoever doesn't let go in a timely manner will force ole smoke to get out the water hose  :D :D
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2013, 09:26:58 AM »
Also a member of several other sites but have gravitated to spending most it not all of my time here. Very friendly atmosphere here and everyone is so helpful.

Big Thank You to Pappy for the invite.
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2013, 09:59:28 AM »
muebe, and then we have Jaxon.   ;)  Dee

Hey!
I represent that remark...

Just sayin '....
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2013, 10:34:16 AM »
Hey now

:'(
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2013, 12:15:36 PM »
whats great about this site?  well, where do i begin. 

1.  a lot of knowledge about all types of bbq food from old to young ppl and from all over the country. 

2.  everyone here uses a different pieces of bbq equipment to cook on (this in one of the main reasons i'm here).  the neat thing is that you see the differences depending on which part of the country you live in.  i like that. 

3.  everyone like to cook certain foods a lot (i like cooking ribs, butts and chuckies).  the neat thing is watching them put different spin on the same things.  i like that too.

4.  love all pictures everyone post.  some of ya'll have some really nice backyards and properties.  love seeing where everyone cooks at.

5.  we do have our share of...... lets just say, interesting ppl here.   ::)  lol.  you know who you are  :-X (t, art, rick, scally, LA, tommy, muebe, rickyb, bent, TH and the list goes on and on).  that's one of the best parts of this forum.  I've known a lot of ya'll for along time.  la familia. 

6.  no one is trying to sell me anything or telling me what i can or can't use and no rude ppl.  another very good part.

7.  and, we have all the cool ppl hanging out here.  go 49er's
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2013, 01:00:16 PM »
Uncle Dee  - -   very cool  8)
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!