Author Topic: Anyone with the newer f150 v6 ecoboost? what's your real life mpg?  (Read 2154 times)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Anyone with the newer f150 v6 ecoboost? what's your real life mpg?
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2013, 01:16:59 PM »

CDN that seems really low for a Turbo V6. Is that with 91 to 93 octane? You a boost junky? ;)

I am using the lowest octane at the pump I think 87. Also like to add that this is a newer engine not broke in yet.
[/quote]

You shouldn't use the lowest octane with a Turbo charged engine. It is going to cause the computer to lower the boost pressure and actually lower your gas mileage IMHO. You need premium fuel. That engine is designed for high compression and higher octane is needed for high compression engines.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2013, 01:43:50 PM »
Wow.. I'm  getting 15.5L / 100 km in my 2011 5.0L. I thought the eco boost would bet better mileage.
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
Anyone with the newer f150 v6 ecoboost? what's your real life mpg?
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2013, 01:46:21 PM »
Here's a pic of my precious

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline perferd

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2013, 04:05:33 PM »
I hate how they do mileage in canada. I can never understand the liters per hundred and then they use the imperial mpg which is stupid...no said car does not get 60 mpg lol...
Semper Fi.
Once a Marine always a Marine
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don'thave that problem." President Regan

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2013, 04:45:47 PM »
I hate how they do mileage in canada. I can never understand the liters per hundred and then they use the imperial mpg which is stupid...no said car does not get 60 mpg lol...

Please bear in mind that we are an international community - and I may add - the ONLY country among our peer group that has NOT adopted the metric system in part or in whole.
Not saying who is right or wrong...but that is my point. We are all subject to forces greater than we as individuals can affect.
So - let's try not to offend anyone, from anywhere else - just because their politicians see things differently than some of us. We kinda live in a glass house - don't cha think?  ;) ;D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401