Author Topic: Liberty  (Read 816 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Liberty
« Reply #-1 on: June 20, 2013, 09:30:26 PM »
"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?  Forbid it,  Almighty God.  I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"  Patrick Henry
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
Re: Liberty
« on: June 20, 2013, 10:11:04 PM »
I live in a Communist province overruled by the British, figure that one out ???

"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 10:22:27 PM »
I thought it was a Francee statue Located in New York somewhere ;)

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 10:52:12 PM »
"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?  Forbid it,  Almighty God.  I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"  Patrick Henry

Dee, I think we are at a time in history where we need men like Patrick Henry again.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 12:06:49 AM »

Dee, I think we are at a time in history where we need men like Patrick Henry again.

Ken, I agree...
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 07:05:47 AM »
Patrick Henry was perhaps the greatest orator the country has ever had. If not the greatest, he was up near the top.  One of the many amazing things I admire about the Founders is the ability they had to speak and do it extemporaneously.   If you get a chance, read some of Patrick Henry's speeches.  They are really something.

I believe the Founders were the most educated group of people ever gathered in one place in history.  It is really interesting to read how they were educated in those days.  It's a shame of how people today do not take advantage of the learning opportunities available.  Today, I believe we have perhaps the most uneducated generation in the history of America.  Oh, they know a lot but they are not educated.
Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers