Author Topic: Gonna be a great morning...  (Read 556 times)

Offline dawrecknq

Gonna be a great morning...
« Reply #-1 on: June 30, 2013, 09:25:26 AM »
My little great nephew is town visiting his Grandparents. His Dad and I were best buds and much more like brothers. Sean passed away from cancer about year ago. Sean was one the best fisherman I have ever known or fished with. Little Parker Boy.... the second best and he's only 5. Talk about a nut falling closest to the tree. But, I get the pleasure of taking my Parker Boy out fishing at my Boss's private pond today. This boy fishes more and better than I do! Will post some pics of our morning later on. But, it is always an extreme honor to take him fishing!!!!!

Dan
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 09:30:42 AM by dawrecknq »
Yoder 1320, 3- VUDS's and a couple of Wally World  grills. Working on more all the time.
"May the Smoke stay out of your eyes..but forever in your heart!"

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Gonna be a great morning...
« on: June 30, 2013, 09:28:34 AM »
Yup, you both are gonna have a great morning and a great day....... :)   Looking forward to the pics............
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 09:47:35 AM »
My daughter is 4 and will be 5 next Saturday! They are so great at that age. The things that she says sometimes just cracks me up! Enjoy your time with that young'n ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Gonna be a great morning...
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 10:49:14 AM »
True as to what Mike said up above. My son's name is Cesar Michael Colón. He has my name for his middle name. When he was around 4, I asked him what his name was. He replied, Cesar Daddy Colón. Lol :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline fishingbouchman

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 04:00:13 AM »
Just spent the weekend in 108 degree weather so the kids could play in the pool.  They had a ball and I just chased them around the pool.  5 and 2 years old.  Fun Fun Fun.  but can be a pain also  :D
Mak 1 Star
Weber Kettle "Blue"

Offline dawrecknq

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 08:26:16 AM »
FB- That is the advantage to taking a great nephew fishing....I got to send him home with Grandpa!

I forgot camera...no pics. But, Parker Boy did catch a bunch of fish including a 2.5-3# catfish, his biggest to date.

The rest of ya....sounds like we all are in agreement that hanging out and teaching the young'uns the right path is a great thing!!!!

Thanks all!
Yoder 1320, 3- VUDS's and a couple of Wally World  grills. Working on more all the time.
"May the Smoke stay out of your eyes..but forever in your heart!"