Author Topic: New Tapatalk for IOS  (Read 2462 times)

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
Re: New Tapatalk for IOS
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2013, 09:36:07 AM »
I was anti-apple for some time but now have an ipad. I have to say I use it more than my computer.

All photos of my cooks are taken with my ipad which makes it really easy. Just have to get the wife to stop looking at me strangely  >:(

With my wife still on the mend and really nothing on TV I went out and got her Apple TV, again just to easy to set up and get going on it.
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2013, 09:53:19 AM »
X3

Add me to the list that will not have an iPhone. I use Android phones as a hotspot as well pz......

And - muebe - I thought I was going with the current Samsung tablet. THe screen looks great - *until* you try enlarge a photo...that is when the image really breaks down.

I really chose the iPad as a choice of last resort. But - I have been really pleased with it...mostly. THe only things I don't like are that there is only one port. The charge port. So, using peripherals with it are going to be challenging. I assume there are wireless ones - but, I am used to plugging into various ports. Maybe just an adjustment for me - we will see.
And - it is great fro transferring photo and dat TO it - but the iPad is not as good nor was it designed for transferring files FROM the iPad according to the iPad rep I talked with during the purchase.
If you guys have advice on this - I am all ears ;)

Tee you can connect the iPad to your computer using the cable to transfer files. You can also use Bluetooth. Or the cloud. I like to just upload the photos to photobucket and then they are available to all my computers and devices.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2013, 09:55:37 AM »
I was anti-apple for some time but now have an ipad. I have to say I use it more than my computer.

All photos of my cooks are taken with my ipad which makes it really easy. Just have to get the wife to stop looking at me strangely  >:(

With my wife still on the mend and really nothing on TV I went out and got her Apple TV, again just to easy to set up and get going on it.

CDN I have Apple TV and it is great. You can send your iPad screen to it BTW. So anything your watching or doing on your iPad will show up on your Apple TV. Great for those mobile television apps ;)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 10:11:45 AM by muebe »
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Pappymn

New Tapatalk for IOS
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2013, 10:04:44 AM »

CDN I have Apple TV and it is great. You can send your iPad screen to it BTW. So anything your watching r doing on your iPad will show up on your Apple TV. Great for those mobile television apps ;)

I got the new Chromecast the day it was announced. Only cost $11 bucks with the Netflix deal they had for about an hour ???

I like it. And it has huge future potential.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2013, 08:01:08 PM »
The biggest advantage to tapa is having one interface for multiple forums IMO (though I don't go to as many as I used to).
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS