Author Topic: Their goes the price of wingies :(  (Read 1578 times)

Offline Hub

Re: Their goes the price of wingies :(
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 01:11:37 PM »
Aw, the price of wings has been too high ever since that joint in Buffalo made a main dish out of them.  McDonalds wings will probably suck, anyway, and won't be on the menu for long.

It doesn't seem that long ago that wings were the least desirable chunk of the bird.  The butcher I used to patronize would often give me a dozen for making stock.  I wonder what the next underrated food "discovery" will be? 

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 03:40:03 PM »
Aw, the price of wings has been too high ever since that joint in Buffalo made a main dish out of them.  McDonalds wings will probably suck, anyway, and won't be on the menu for long.

It doesn't seem that long ago that wings were the least desirable chunk of the bird.  The butcher I used to patronize would often give me a dozen for making stock.  I wonder what the next underrated food "discovery" will be? 

Hub

Like anything else, the most famous isn't necessarily the best.  I have been to Anchor Bar many times (it is one of those places you kind of have to take folks to when travelling in Buffalo), and I leave every time respecting that they brought wings to market but never all that impressed with their product.  On the other hand, I do like Duff's for what it is (a local chain bar/wing joint with about a half dozen locations in Buffalo).
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Pappymn

Their goes the price of wingies :(
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 04:31:05 PM »

Hub

Like anything else, the most famous isn't necessarily the best.  I have been to Anchor Bar many times (it is one of those places you kind of have to take folks to when travelling in Buffalo), and I leave every time respecting that they brought wings to market but never all that impressed with their product.  On the other hand, I do like Duff's for what it is (a local chain bar/wing joint with about a half dozen locations in Buffalo).

Now if you have to be in Buffalo. Beef on Weck is required eating
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2013, 04:51:44 PM »

Hub

+1 to beef on weck.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline RAD

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2013, 07:24:28 PM »

Hub

+1 to beef on weck.
I lived a bunch of years in buffalo and yes on beef on weck (real salty) but you always need wings 8)
Love to cook and eat