Author Topic: Never Forget..9/11  (Read 2392 times)

Offline dawrecknq

Re: Never Forget..9/11
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 07:14:43 PM »
I too think we have forgotten! For too many Americans only shake off their dusty ol' memory on this one day, if that. When miscreants that pretend journalism (communist news network, pmsnbc, arabic broadcasting company) decide that we have seen enough of the footage from this historic day and that it only leads Great Americans to bitterness and hatred toward those who did this; that stop showing coverage. When Obummer changes the meaning from Patriots Day, to the Day of Community Service (or Communist Indoctrination Day) and the American sit idly by and allow it. Now, He and John "I served in Vietnam" Kerry want us to go into Syria on the side of Al Qaeda, Muslim Brotherhood and Hezbolah; and Americans sit idly by......... We as a nation have FORGOTTEN!!

As for me, I will never forget! Daily! I pray for those lost, for those who felt the bitter pain of losing loved ones, for the first responders who laid down their lives, For the bravest of American's, our men and women of uniform; who have since 9/11 stood on the front lines to keep my family safe! Who have given life and body in the fight against evil! Their families who have given so much! I wish for each of the God's providence, God's blessing, my eternal gratitude!

PappyMN- Glad that you mentioned Benghazi- Where again the greatest of American Hero's laid down their lives in defense of their fellow Americans. May we never forget that they were abandoned by our government in the hour of their greatest need!!! We will never know the truth!

Off my soapbox! I hope I did not offend anyone or break any LTBBQ rules with this post. But, I LOVE MY COUNTRY!!!!

Dan
Yoder 1320, 3- VUDS's and a couple of Wally World  grills. Working on more all the time.
"May the Smoke stay out of your eyes..but forever in your heart!"

Offline Pit Boss Mike Hedrick

• No Picture = No Cook
    • My Website
Never Forget..9/11
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 08:24:24 PM »
I'm not a celebrity Pit Boss but I play one in NASCAR.
Best BBQ in Northern Virginia 2013 & 2014

Offline Pit Boss Mike Hedrick

• No Picture = No Cook
    • My Website
Never Forget..9/11
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 08:25:17 PM »
I agree Dan
Amen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
I'm not a celebrity Pit Boss but I play one in NASCAR.
Best BBQ in Northern Virginia 2013 & 2014

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 09:15:43 PM »
I too think we have forgotten! For too many Americans only shake off their dusty ol' memory on this one day, if that. When miscreants that pretend journalism (communist news network, pmsnbc, arabic broadcasting company) decide that we have seen enough of the footage from this historic day and that it only leads Great Americans to bitterness and hatred toward those who did this; that stop showing coverage. When Obummer changes the meaning from Patriots Day, to the Day of Community Service (or Communist Indoctrination Day) and the American sit idly by and allow it. Now, He and John "I served in Vietnam" Kerry want us to go into Syria on the side of Al Qaeda, Muslim Brotherhood and Hezbolah; and Americans sit idly by......... We as a nation have FORGOTTEN!!

As for me, I will never forget! Daily! I pray for those lost, for those who felt the bitter pain of losing loved ones, for the first responders who laid down their lives, For the bravest of American's, our men and women of uniform; who have since 9/11 stood on the front lines to keep my family safe! Who have given life and body in the fight against evil! Their families who have given so much! I wish for each of the God's providence, God's blessing, my eternal gratitude!

PappyMN- Glad that you mentioned Benghazi- Where again the greatest of American Hero's laid down their lives in defense of their fellow Americans. May we never forget that they were abandoned by our government in the hour of their greatest need!!! We will never know the truth!

Off my soapbox! I hope I did not offend anyone or break any LTBBQ rules with this post. But, I LOVE MY COUNTRY!!!!

Dan

X2 seems too small - but I am with you all the way!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 12:41:43 AM »
Much has been said already by all of the folks here that is very noteworthy.

However, I have major concerns since this event. Trillions of dollars have been spent. A number of fine young men will not have the opportunity to live out their lives, and little has been accomplished. We have had boots on the ground in Iraq, and Afghanistan. What is victory? No one has even defined victory for all of the lives and resources that been invested. The poor kids who are the boots on the ground have to operate under such constraint that the rules of engagement favor the "enemy". I, personally, would never serve again under these conditions. Not for these bastards.

My father was the lucky one serving in WWII. The goal, as stated right from the beginning, was "unconditional surrender".  I am sure that this is difficult for you but in order to win, total anihilation of the enemy must be a goal. And if this means that the tremendous civilian casualties would result, then so be it. For three days, during WWII, the British relentlessly bombed the city of Dresden. The city had no military value. What they did killed 80,000 people, mostly civilians. Total anihilation and total destruction was the mission to break the will to fight.

Today, the muslim world including those within the USA hate the Judeo Christian world with a vengence. Nothing has been accomplished except a little more intelligence data. The oil producing Arab States are still funneling dollars to the terrorists. No one has challenged their ability to produce this oil while the United States of America sits on the largest oil reserves in the world enough  to go for hundreds of years. Did we ever think to use our ability produce oil to strangle the oil bearing Arab States?

Iraq could have been ended in one day with one bomb and not one man or woman from the military would have been a casualty. This is what the muslimes understand. To think that you could go into a nation whose cultural values are based upon 800 AD and tell them that they are now going to be a democracy is ludicrous.

My only assumption is that we are just plain stupid. And, you can't fix stupid.

If you think that we are better off than we were on 9/11/2001, then you are delusionary.

I certainly apologize for this thinking that may upset you, but facing reality was my job whether I liked it or not. Having been TAD with the Israeli forces for a while, they face this reality everyday. And they know how to deal with it. Justice to them is absolute and not variable.

I mourn those whom we have lost.

Ed
An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 05:17:33 PM »
Shortly after 9/11/01 you couldn't buy a flag anywhere because they were all sold out.  But, you could borrow one.  A friend and I were driving from Little Rock to Atlanta in a car Hertz gave us at no charge to return there.  The airlines were grounded.  We had a Ray Charles' CD in the player and it had just finished his gorgeous version of "America" as we came over the top of a hill and under a bridge where a grizzled old gentleman was avidly waving a big American flag he'd likely borrowed from a school or his church.  People were waving and horns were honking and headlights flashing.  Do you remember those days?  God, bless America.

Hub

When I was on my way home yesterday I crossed a bridge over I-65 in Hoover, AL and there was an older gentleman standing on the bridge with a large American flag on a PVC pole he had built. My wife's birthday is 9/11 and she wanted to go out to dinner. When we left home and crossed the bridge again there were at least 10 people standing on the bridge with flags including families with small children. Very inspiring.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2013, 09:38:59 AM »
I'm sorry, I don't know what a USPS cover is.  Is it US Postal Service?  But I don't understand the "cover" part.

Disconnect?
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2013, 11:07:33 PM »
I have the first day USPS cover and the photo framed on my wall.

I'm sorry, I don't know what a USPS cover is.  Is it US Postal Service?  But I don't understand the "cover" part.

Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2013, 11:40:40 PM »
I have the first day USPS cover and the photo framed on my wall.

Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?

Some info on USPS history - http://www.postalhistorycovers.com/home_page/collecting-postal-history-covers
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #