Author Topic: TBE for $79  (Read 1887 times)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: TBE for $79
« on: November 26, 2013, 07:45:01 PM »
Wonder if Kimmie would let me have one??   ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline RAD

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 07:54:42 PM »
Do you have the room?  :D
Love to cook and eat

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 07:58:34 PM »
Do you have the room?  :D
Yep! Just sold an old broken down 4-wheeler!  Have room for atleast 3!  LOL
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 04:22:58 AM »
Just get it dirty in a hurry, and when she asks say "oh, that old thing..."
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 09:39:53 AM »
Talked to Tommy (our resident expert on all thing Char Broil) about the TBE.  I hadn't added to my outdoor cooking toys in quite a while.  I had to drive to Hickory to run some errands, so I stopped by the Home Depot to see if they had any left.  Well, there was one on display, but, as it turns out, there were none in stock.  Since it is a seasonal item, they weren't going to order any more.  No rain checks.  I asked if they would be interested in selling the display TBE.  The salesman checked and said I could have it for $70.00.  I have wanted to try the TBE after seeing and tasting the results at the Fall Gathering.  I bought it.

Now, after having purchased the TBE, I needed to figure out how to get it in the house without moving into the dog house first.  I have been doing a lot of "driving Ms. Daisy" (my wife) lately while she was deciding to have her left knee replaced.  She was originally offered to do both at once since they are both in bad shape, but only the left knee really causes her a lot (and I mean A LOT) of pain.  She elected to have the left one done some time in January.  She kept saying she "owed me" for taking good care of her.  Time to test that out.  When I got home I told her I was a bad boy.  I bought something without consulting her first.  Besides, she could use it as a Christmas present if she wanted to.  I told her that the original price was about $100 and I got it for $70.  Her first reply was, "I thought you spent several hundred dollars!"  I'm home free.

Since we are going to a neighbors house for turkey day dinner, I will do my burn in tomorrow and then cook a small turkey just for the two of us.  I just have to have my leftovers.  Can't wait to taste the turkey.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline RAD

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 09:55:27 AM »
Art, you are going to love it. Remember to season it before your first use and the dead zone.
Love to cook and eat

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 02:06:03 PM »
Art, you are going to love it. Remember to season it before your first use and the dead zone.

I have Tommy on speed dial, just in case.  Actually, I think I will be fine.  Already planned to do the burn-in tomorrow morning.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline dawrecknq

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 04:57:38 PM »
RAD- Thanks for the post. Been trying to think of something for my present. After reading all the reviews and giving it a lot of thought. I persuaded myself to man up and order it. I also ordered the custom cover and this accessory:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Char-Broil-The-Big-Easy-Chrome-Cooking-Rack-4984315P/100659428#.Upe7MTbnYic
I did my first brine and smoke and it turned out pretty dang good. But, after reading the posts, thinking about the pork butts and chickens others have done...it peaked my interest.... I love new cooking toys and can't wait to play!
Yoder 1320, 3- VUDS's and a couple of Wally World  grills. Working on more all the time.
"May the Smoke stay out of your eyes..but forever in your heart!"

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 02:49:50 PM »
RAD- Thanks for the post. Been trying to think of something for my present. After reading all the reviews and giving it a lot of thought. I persuaded myself to man up and order it. I also ordered the custom cover and this accessory:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Char-Broil-The-Big-Easy-Chrome-Cooking-Rack-4984315P/100659428#.Upe7MTbnYic
I did my first brine and smoke and it turned out pretty dang good. But, after reading the posts, thinking about the pork butts and chickens others have done...it peaked my interest.... I love new cooking toys and can't wait to play!

Art, I have two of those racks as well as two of the older half racks and two of the newer leg racks. I use an ez-out rack when doing things like a chicken or standing rib roast to get the meat higher up in the basket. I can use my 4 half racks to to four layers of chicken wings at one time or 2 to do 2 whole chickens. While you are still in good graces, I would order one of the 15 piece accessory sets.

http://www.charbroil.com/grilling-smoking-accessories/the-big-easy-accessories/15-piece-big-easy-accessory-kit-8456885.html

Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline dawrecknq

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 06:24:55 PM »
TP- You trying to inherit all my new toys or must want me killed???? ;) ;D Actually, checked it out, decided you were absolutely right and am going to get one ordered! This was an expensive day...I doubt my Sister in Law nor my Wife will leave my Brother and I unattended ever again!!! He picked himself up one at HD. Then we went to a new BBQ/Meat processing store.... blew the budget there!!!! Then went to Sams for a couple of things...racks of ribs.... blew the budget again!!!! It's Christmas...right!!!!
Yoder 1320, 3- VUDS's and a couple of Wally World  grills. Working on more all the time.
"May the Smoke stay out of your eyes..but forever in your heart!"