Author Topic: New Site Name  (Read 6079 times)

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
Re: New Site Name
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2013, 11:41:26 PM »
What makes this site special to me ;D

I have been on this site for less than one year but it has helped me thru bad times in my life by supporting me while I support my wife.

A member was missing for a while and another member puts the word out and others assist in finding out how he is. He is back and I truly hope he continues to recover.

Another member travels half way around the world and takes the time to get together.

These are just a small part of what makes this site great. The name can change but all the rest will not.

I am not a writer so I hope this makes a little sense.
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2013, 11:50:29 PM »
I don't care what you call it, i just have to make another bookmark and try to remember how to get here.  I am old, it is hard,
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2013, 11:58:50 PM »
I don't care what you call it, i just have to make another bookmark and try to remember how to get here.  I am old, it is hard,

:DHow many times do I need to say….. "You will not have to do ANYTHING DIFFERENTLY" to reach this site. :D It is not magic - It is my promise. ;D I can assure you that this is done all of the time on the internet, and you may not be aware of it. It is merely a forwarding command - much like how you would have calls forwarded to you. The new site - which is different from LTBBQ, and will focus on video - will have a separate address. *BUT* - it will have a link here on LTBBQ all of the time, so it is 1 click away.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2013, 08:28:55 AM »
Tee, I like the idea of videos.. it adds a whole new dimension to the site and will make it all the more informative to people wanting to try new dishes and techniques.
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2013, 09:16:12 AM »
Thanks Scally!-
I need to find a way to explain enough of the "plan" so that no one thinks I am going to wreck LTBBQ. I promise - it will not change anything we do here. It will be an associated site. A "sister-site". And they will cross reference one another a lot. There is only one perceived inconvenience for LTBBQ. That is, we need to adjust or tweak the name to fall in line with the other site. Not a complete name change. Nothing that will cause anyone to re-enter anything different on their computers to find us here.
Merely a  slight name change at the top of the page on the LTBBQ page to make it more cohesive to the new site.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2013, 09:29:11 AM »
1.  I'm sooo confused (not surprising anyone there).
2.  I am not responsible for the bold blue style used above by the Aggie (although I accept the imitation as flattery thing).
3.  Make sure you print any recipes shown in video posts so we can cut and paste.
4.  Call the site whatever you want; just fire up the cookers and get back to work.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline Pappymn

New Site Name
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2013, 09:59:13 AM »
I thought only turtle's get to use the blue color ???
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2013, 11:29:53 AM »
Well the only other good color choice that seems easily readable looks like poop-brown, tho it calls itself maroon. ( too many opportunities for getting grief over that one….)

And….I can't help that Turtle's lack of opposable phalanges lead hip to mere "flipper whacking' " and thus - the keyboard turn blue from frustration. It is a genetic thing. :D

There…is that better? ;D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 11:31:37 AM by teesquare »
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2013, 12:58:53 PM »
Thanks Scally!-
I need to find a way to explain enough of the "plan" so that no one thinks I am going to wreck LTBBQ. I promise - it will not change anything we do here. It will be an associated site. A "sister-site". And they will cross reference one another a lot. There is only one perceived inconvenience for LTBBQ. That is, we need to adjust or tweak the name to fall in line with the other site. Not a complete name change. Nothing that will cause anyone to re-enter anything different on their computers to find us here.
Merely a  slight name change at the top of the page on the LTBBQ page to make it more cohesive to the new site.

Just remember, you screw it up and we know where you live - sort of.  ;D ;D ;D
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2013, 01:33:43 PM »
I am getting more in line with Tee on this, and this ole foggie can adapt to change! Tee and all the moderators have run a great site; and all members do great on staying on topic, about BBQ and food, keeping it a family site, and have embraced all methods  of cooking. I know it involves some cost to run a site like this and all the sponsors do a great job, the ads are kept to a minimum and the sponsors are not invasive about selling their products. I recall some members who are in to making videos on their cooks, Jaxon, Veryolddog, and Dr. Holly; and they were all done pretty pro to me. I think a sister site is good so these people can show their artistic side of cooking too. In all growth would be good for the sponsors and the members too. I love that we have some international members too so we all can learn from them. I am with you Tee so let it happen! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2013, 04:43:27 PM »
Count old Smoke in as well  :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2013, 04:51:21 PM »
Remember "T", you promised me a cookie ;)
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2013, 04:58:15 PM »
Count old Smoke in as well  :)

Count this old HighOnSmoke in as well!  :) My feelings is the worst that could happen is that
we will really like it!  8)
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles