Author Topic: Tapatalk App question for ya  (Read 2507 times)

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Tapatalk App question for ya
« Reply #-1 on: December 24, 2013, 02:05:03 PM »
I know some here also use Tapatalk for viewing the forum. Is anyone else having issues with the app crashing when trying to view the forum here. I am on an iphone 5. It was working fine for the last couple of days and all of the sudden I cant do anything. I know the app is a love hate for some but to me is nice to be able to view and interact with the forum while out and about and while at work. Plus I don't have to get out this laptop.
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: Tapatalk App question for ya
« on: December 24, 2013, 02:14:41 PM »
No issues here, but I am on Android (Galaxy S4).
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 02:19:08 PM »
No issues here, but I am on Android (Galaxy S4).
Ok. thanks. The app use to work perfectly and then they started with all the updates and new look and feel cr@p. Now its a hit or miss sometimes.
MIKE
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline Northshore

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 02:35:38 PM »
Not working at all today for me, either on iPhone or ipad.  Keeps crashing. Reloaded software still no go.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 03:00:50 PM »
Just tried it on my I-phone and I am getting a post error

Seen this on another forum and the admin had to update something on the forum so Tapatalk would work again.

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 03:02:36 PM »
Not working at all today for me, either on iPhone or ipad.  Keeps crashing. Reloaded software still no go.
Great, thanks for the reply. I was going to delete app and reload like you said. I guess i will have to use the laptop until they send a fix. Its becoming more and more common these days. Really sad, since the app use to work with no problems before all the NEW changes.  :'(
MIKE
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 03:04:05 PM »
Just tried it on my I-phone and I am getting a post error

Seen this on another forum and the admin had to update something on the forum so Tapatalk would work again.
I cant do anything. when i try to refresh the screen, it crashes and kicks me completely out of the app.
MIKE
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 03:05:25 PM »
Think its on LTBBQ's end as I just went to the bradley forum and it works great over there.

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 03:14:08 PM »
Think its on LTBBQ's end as I just went to the bradley forum and it works great over there.
I did the same thing. Bradley works. But Im also unable to search for other forums to add in my app so i dont know what to think. Could be either or.
MIKE
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2013, 03:14:42 PM »
Replying from Tapatalk.  Something odd though the icon is missing from my Tapa home screen.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 03:19:17 PM »
Well I just deleted and reloaded my app on my phone. Now I cant even log into the app PERIOD. It just crashes. Guess I will have to go to tapatalk site on laptop and post this problem to see if i can get an answer.
MIKE
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2013, 04:02:47 PM »
We will not chase Tap A Talk as a "feature" for LTBBQ.It is all about time and money ;) ;D. Having said that - you DO NOT need Tap A Talk - on ANY device, Mac, PC, or Android. We have tested, and you get full functionality of LTBBQ anytime, anywhere - on ANY device - without another layer of 3rd party software.
Yet - I just asked George to  (sigh…) search the Tap A Talk forums to see if there is a newer patch tan the one we installed not long ago ( Less than 60 days?)
The problem is that Tap A Talk is not a "mature" platform - and they are constantly fidgeting with it. Because their only value is to create a collation of various forums, it is difficult to imagine how they must be frought with issues - trying to keep everything working thru them as a translator  between different systems, software, firmware and - then UPDATES! I don't use it. I have used it for a short time. And promptly deleted it as it also promotes rather severe security potentials on your device. And I don't recommend  that anyone else uses it. I am sorry if that offends anyone, but the fact remains that Tap-A Talk creates more hassle than it is worth, and this is not just one guy's opinion ;D
LTBBQ was built to be completely mobile friendly and I surf, and post from my Samsung Galaxy all of the time. No third party software needed - or wanted.

Have you actually tried accessing LTBBQ from all of your devices WITHOUT Tap A Talk? Please do. Let me know what we are missing here. Other than chasing a constantly moving target that they represent... ::) :D

You are going to see less and lees support on the part of forum admins for Tap A Talk - or other 3rd party software, and more parity with native software in the phones ( as well as the software the forums may be built with ) So why not be an early adopter of the more streamlined method - and ditch Tap A Talk for a while?

Are you aware that you can modify your own LTBBQ profile to alert you every time a new post is made? ANd - if you don't want to do that, then you can select individual threads to be notified about, by checking that option within the thread itself.

What's a mother to guys? I want to help here…but I wonder if sometimes we all buy into something like Tap A Talk, because of the "promise" of it, rather than the reality?

*IF* you use Google on your mobile device ( I am not a Google proponent….but they are hard to avoid huh?) you can load your favorite forums on your google browser page, and click on them to go directly into the forum you select. Just one of several other options…..
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 04:10:02 PM by teesquare »
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 04:10:18 PM »
Hey I gots no problem using other software and I rarely use tapa talk. Think people who do like the feature of uploading photos through tapatalk but I might be wrong. Just trying to help Mike out on his problem.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2013, 04:12:00 PM »
Hey I gots no problem using other software and I rarely use tapa talk. Think people who do like the feature of uploading photos through tapatalk but I might be wrong. Just trying to help Mike out on his problem.

Not picking on you at all Devo - my apologies, I should have stated that. This is a re-occurring problem with Tap A Talk.

And - I really did mean to say to ALL that read this thread...talk to us here at LTBBQ and explain the functions of Tap A Talk that make it so desirable that you a re willing to put up with this re-occurring issue. We will not bash you or Tap A Talk. We want to be sure that we are seeing the big picture. We are always looking to improve LTBBQ. It has to work for YOU….. not be more difficult for you.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 04:15:29 PM by teesquare »
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2013, 04:27:06 PM »
In case anyone wants to try google chrome mobile I find it works very well for forums and you can sync your bookmarks just by signing in to a google account. Works for me.