Author Topic: Tapatalk App question for ya  (Read 2506 times)

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Re: Tapatalk App question for ya
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2013, 04:54:01 PM »
I simpy like the ease of point, shoot and upload. The app I've been told, uses much less data because it's simplified to view only the text and pics uploaded. It's also a lot faster to navigate thru the forums with it (when it works LOL!) the screens on smartphones are just to small for me to navigate with ease using the regular web page.  It was once a great app with no problems. I guess I will have to deal with the headaches of all the tweaking that creates problems for us that like it.
Didn't mean to stir up anything. Was just looking to see if anyone else was having issues. I don't think it's the forum fault. I got on the tapatalk site and posted a question and lots of others are having big time problems right now. I asked the question here because as stated above, other forums still work. I guess that's one of the problems that are happening.

Talk to y'all later. Heading out to the inlaws :(  :D
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2013, 05:16:48 PM »
I know there are lots that use Tap but I never really got the hang of it so I don't use it. I have no issues moving around this site along with photo bucket on my ipad.

Just my 2 cent ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2013, 05:19:12 PM »
The biggest advantage to me is that it consolidates forums into one access point.  I will be honest though.  Now that I am not traveling daily, that is not nearly as big of a deal.  Strangely, I like to use Tapa for replying to PMs (because I get the email on the phone and go straight to Tapa).
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2013, 05:50:49 PM »
I have not updated since you had problems last time Mike, I'm working great on the android .

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2013, 06:52:33 PM »
I have not updated since you had problems last time Mike, I'm working great on the android .
I didn't want to update either, I accidentally hit the app in my update screen one day. :(
MIKE
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Tapatalk App question for ya
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2013, 09:45:43 PM »
I got a reply from tapatalk on their forum. Looks like they made a fix to the crash. Looks like it fixed the problem.
Working again for me. Good luck to y'all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MIKE
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2013, 10:57:42 PM »
Mike - good feedback. Please allow me to parse your earlier post in blue. This just to make it read more "conversational".
I simpy like the ease of point, shoot and upload. True, but we are working on ways to circumvent your having to even do that ;) The app I've been told, uses much less data because it's simplified to view only the text and pics uploaded. Partially correct. You also have to account for the application of Tap A Talk itself, running on top of your phone's existing firmware - which you can't really delete. So, what it appears to save is not as efficient as it is marketed to be It's also a lot faster to navigate thru the forums with it (when it works LOL!)Your parenthetical humor is exactly what I was pointing to earlier…"when" it works…Isn't reliability worth something? the screens on smartphones are just to small for me to navigate with ease using the regular web page. I don't know which phone you are using, but the Galaxy series is very popular - and at 55 yrs. old, wearing lineless bifocals, and using the phone in landscape ( on it's side ) I can navigate, see and post about anything. Even doing some moderator work  It was once a great app with no problems. I guess I will have to deal with the headaches of all the tweaking that creates problems for us that like it. You are not stiring up anything Mike - we need to know any and all issues - so that we can determine how to fix something…or not.
Didn't mean to stir up anything. Was just looking to see if anyone else was having issues. I don't think it's the forum fault. I got on the tapatalk site and posted a question and lots of others are having big time problems right now. I asked the question here because as stated above, other forums still work. I guess that's one of the problems that are happening. Hey - no kidding - we are really interested in your experience here, and how to improve it. The thing is - I asked George to check, and sure enough, we are up to date with all of the latest Tap A Talk stuff. But, it may not always be that way because Tap A Talk does not send out notifications to boards that use their plug-ins. SO - we have to hear of a problem from you folks to know that a problem exists……Unless of course - you want to try some of the suggestions I made in an earlier post ;) ;D

Talk to y'all later. Heading out to the inlaws :(  :D
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 11:01:05 PM by teesquare »
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2013, 10:12:48 AM »
Starting having issues yesterday, would not open, just force close. Deleted the app, and then redownloaded the app. Clicked on "forgot password"  Got a new password and signed in. Seems to be working now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2013, 10:19:44 AM »

Starting having issues yesterday, would not open, just force close. Deleted the app, and then redownloaded the app. Clicked on "forgot password"  Got a new password and signed in. Seems to be working now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It's been working fine since yesterday. I got an email from an admin letting know that the problems had been resolved. It was on their server end. It was a huge mess.

This is what they said on the thread I started on the tapatalk forum
"Something went wrong at the server side was returning incorrect data, which then App side just doesn't handle with correct sanity check. We'll improve them at both sides."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MIKE
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2013, 11:01:09 AM »
Good to hear they got a handle on it. Server problems are no fun. You may remember we went thru a 4 month period in which every month - LTBBQ was down for a few hours. It was a server migration issue, and - finally our hosting service worked thru it, and we have been up 100% of the time.

However you choose to access LTBBQ - I am happy it is working for you guys! It is a bad feeling when I am powerless to assist you due to issues outside our control.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401