Author Topic: there is no joy in T-town  (Read 1639 times)

Offline GusRobin

• Test
there is no joy in T-town
« Reply #-1 on: January 03, 2014, 12:54:44 AM »
The mighty Tide has been rolled out.
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline txpops

Re: there is no joy in T-town
« on: January 03, 2014, 01:17:16 AM »
 :( I was cheering for you guys. Hate to see an SEC team lose to a big 12 team. Especially after Oklahoma's coach talked trash about the SEC being over rated.
Original Bradley smoker w/dual element mod
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil Beesr
Outdoor Gourmet Pellet Grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 07:39:46 AM »
They say anything north of Dallas (in TX) is Oklahoma, so I am a happy Sooner today.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline happyappy

• Go Apps!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 08:32:51 AM »
Another example of why moving to a playoff system for top tier teams is the right thing to do.  "Anointing" the top two teams for a championship bowl certainly doesn't infallibly reward the best team with the championship.  After seeing the Sooner's performance last night..I'd love to see them continue on and play for the championship.
Camp Chef Pellet Grill
BEESR
Cook Air Grill
Weber Genesis
Barrel House Cooker

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 09:22:04 AM »
I would relish the opportunity to speak directly with the crew of talking headsont he pre-game show….They had this all figured out as a blowout, with Alabama just embarrassing OK. :D :D :D :D

Th BCS should have just been named "BS"…….Teams like Ohio State, and Oregon can certainly give you reasons for that. Even the "strength of schedule" argument that BCS has always used as it's shield against logic - falls apart once you understand that each teams ranking is part fact - but also, part conjecture. I don't remember anyone ever wining a game, or a title based on "conjecture"….

Just ask those suits on the pre-game show last nite about the value of their conjecture - now that the game has been played…. ;) :D :D :D
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 10:02:29 AM by teesquare »
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Hub

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 09:43:03 AM »
It is a tough row to hoe being a Sooner here in the land of the Tar Heels, and in the region of the SEC and ACC.  The Sooners looked awesome last night and Bama couldn't sustain enough oomph.  The sports press often has a tendency toward myopia and they get their just rewards on occasion when they read their own press releases and then believe them  ::)

The thing I like most about college football is the entertaining inconsistency.  Despite the NCAA's bewildering and often impossible rules, good teams do get built.  And, on any given day, somebody can create a stunning surprise.  As a Sooner fan of six decades, I've been on both ends of that deal  ;D

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 11:46:16 AM »

Just ask those suits on the pre-game show last nite about the value of their conjecture - now that the game has been played…. ;) :D :D :D

Tim, don't blame those "suits" on the pre-game show....they are just trying to fill the time slot with noise.

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 11:55:17 AM »

Tim, don't blame those "suits" on the pre-game show....they are just trying to fill the time slot with noise.

How long do y'all think Dee and Ken will be in mourning?

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 11:57:41 AM »

How long do y'all think Dee and Ken will be in mourning?

Until August 30, 2014.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 04:08:42 PM »
All of our teams have crazy drunk fans, but this one is pretty priceless...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1910031-alabama-mom-jumps-over-crowd-to-fight-oklahoma-fan
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline tnjimbob

• I'm a grillin & smokin' fool.
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 04:16:12 PM »
This was too good not to share.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Rec Tec pellet grill
Traeger Lil' Tex Elite 07E
Weber WSM
Weber SS Performer
Weber OTG w/ rotisserie
Char Broil SRG
A-maze-n-tube smoker
Hyperfast Orange Thermapen

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 04:27:30 PM »
That girl was nuts!  Hate to see folks act like that  :(
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 05:31:29 PM »
All of our teams have crazy drunk fans, but this one is pretty priceless...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1910031-alabama-mom-jumps-over-crowd-to-fight-oklahoma-fan

Are you sure she was not a Duke basketball fan??? :D :D :D :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 10:35:27 PM »
Don't know what was said to start the ruckus.  Must have been something stupid on the part of the Sooner fan...such as some derogatory comment about the Bear or Nick.

Our defense has been absent the last two games.  For all his greatness Yelton has had two critical fumbles in the last two games...both of which were freak occurances. 

Looking back at Saban's comments on the pre-game interview he talked a lot about attitude and desire.  That leads me to think that maybe he didn't think the team's attitude may not have been what he wanted.  AJ took a lot of the blame on himself for the turnovers and rightfully so.

One big bright spot is that 6'3'' 235# freshman  number 27, Howard, running back.  100 yards on eight carries and a 60+ yard TD reception.  His speed is incredible for a big man and he's still got some growing to do.  I would not be surprised if he doesn't become the greatest running back in Bama history.  His high school stats are out of this world something like 300-400 yards of rushing in some games.  The things he has to learn at the college level requires work and he appears to have made a lot of head way the last two games.  He did a great job of pass blocking last night.

We played only one complete game this year and may have been overrated.  It'such a bummer when you go 12 and 2 and have a down year.

It's going to be great again next year. I think eight teams in the playoffs would be better than four but everything has to start somewhere.

Dee

Roll Tide!
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 11:58:28 PM »
According to the news the woman was reacting to derogatory remarks others were making.  They were going back and forth until they began threatening her 16 year old son and telling him he wasn't a man unless he came down and stood up for his mother. Then she went berserk on  them. It was still was the wrong thing to do though
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware