Author Topic: I quit the other forum after 6 + years and over 6000 post  (Read 7202 times)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
I quit the other forum after 6 + years and over 6000 post
« Reply #-1 on: January 23, 2014, 03:54:29 PM »
Here is the post I made, for my last post.  It makes me feel bad to leave but CharBroil does not care anymore about that site and it shows.  I hope by me leaving and others it may wake them up but I ain't betting on it

After 6 + years and  over 6000+ post I here by resign my membership to this once great forum.

CharBroil as really went to a lot of trouble to not to keep this forum going and if it weren't for folks like Michael & Dustin this site would be full of spam and CharBroil could not give a rats A$$  >:(  >:( >:( >:(

I have over the year learned many things and even taught a few. 

I have made changes to my SRG's, TBE's and BEESR's for the better as well as takin' them to comps where I even finished as high as 4th place.  I put my money where my mouth was and never asked for anything from CharBroil except keeping this forum going which they won't do.

They are hell bent on making money and do not seem to care about those who have tried to make this a better place or making their products better. 

So this is my last post, good luck to whomever runs this site 'cause the upper crust could care a less  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I never thought this day would come but it has and it's a sad sad day

If looking for a better site come to www.letstalkbbq.com where the folks who run the site CARE about those who are on

TMB    :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 03:57:05 PM by TMB »
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
Re: I quit the other forum after 6 + years and over 6000 post
« on: January 23, 2014, 04:08:05 PM »
Good job Tommy..I deleted my account yesterday..it's much better here..thanks for inviting me.  #3   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 04:12:22 PM »
Tommy, I can really understand your feelings and fully share them.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline Sailor1

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 04:13:14 PM »
Tommy.....Never been to the CB site and don't plan on it.  I have pretty much made LTBBQ my priority forum now and have pretty much given up on the Bradley site.  I really like it here and the members here have made me feel like family.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 04:16:43 PM »
Only thing I left out and didn't think til now is all the great friends I have made over the years on that site.  And now that I''m on this site I have made that many more and making more each week.

Tim and I talked about this site long before he made it happen and all I can say is thank you Tim!!!!!

This site will be around when others fail
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 05:47:28 PM by TMB »
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 04:25:01 PM »
Tommy.....Never been to the CB site and don't plan on it.  I have pretty much made LTBBQ my priority forum now and have pretty much given up on the Bradley site.  I really like it here and the members here have made me feel like family.

Yes many of us feel the same way, I went back to the CharBroil site a few days ago as I heard it has gone down hill. Every second post was some kind of spam.
The Bradley forum has a lot of great people but I don't like the direction it has been heading lately, seems you can not suggest a better way of making their product better without getting clobbered by the bradley police.  ::) 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 04:42:03 PM by smokendevo »

Offline jjjonz

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 04:36:18 PM »
Yes that was home to me for several years and it is such a shame to loose it. LTBBQ is my home not and I like it better really, because you can talk about most anything as long as it is clean. You know like my granmammy use to say "maybe it's  a blessing in disguise". :)
Thanks Tommy for the invite to this forum and all that I learned from you and others on the Charbroil forum.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 10:16:35 AM by jjjonz »
Weber Smokey Joe gold...mini WSM
2002 Weber Genesis Silver [rebuilt]
PBC
Camp Chef smokin pro Stx
Thermopen [fast British racing green]

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 04:37:20 PM »
It is too bad that all those years are now wasted.

There are many people who join the forum to get help with their char-broil products.

Over the years I have helped a few people on that forum who did not get help from char-broil customer service.

In reality most big companies like char-broil are more interested in social media like Facebook and Twitter.

No worries Tommy we have LTBBQ and many great new members due to the CB forum downfall ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 04:39:31 PM »
I too deleted my account yesterday.  The only annoying things is that it still keeps your account name next to your old posts but calls you a guest.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 05:34:50 PM »
I don't own a charbroil product now but when I did I didn't even realize there was a forum. I belong to one other forum
and I have nearly 7000 posts in 2 years.  That forum is starting to go a way I don't like so I don't spend much time on it now
at all.  This forum is my home and I have met many great friends on this board and will continue to try and help build the
membership by recommending it to anyone who is interested in a clean, informative and most of all a friendly board.

Mike
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 05:56:08 PM »
HOME.  that is what this forum is to me.  thanks art for inviting me and tim for just about everything else.  smoke, for keeping it real.  I like this place.  plus, we have all the cool ppl here.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline hikerman

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 06:20:10 PM »
Tommy it is sad how some things pan out. You were a cornerstone there and helped many folks improve their skills as well as their Cb equipment. They say that "home is where you hang your hat", and thanks to you my friend,  I now hang my hat here, at the best forum on the net, bar none!  There was a lot of good people on the Cb forum but when the mgmt cares less than the people, well it's time to move on. Tim and company, make everyone feel like family and I'm not ever going to leave here, too many wonderful people who believe that you get by giving!
Thanks again Tommy!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 06:43:35 PM »
I deleted my account last year. It is really a shame how that forum turned out. I will always have a fondness for SOTG because that is where I met most of you all those years ago........
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Smokin Soon

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 08:34:45 PM »
I deleted mine as well last week. No regrets at all, cause all of the good folks are right here!
Traeger 070
2 Big Easy's

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 09:14:21 PM »
 Sorry Tommy you lost so much invested in a forum that was really good until the main moderator left a couple years ago. I respect all that you have done for this forum and appreciate it too.
I like this forum the best. just waiting to get a new Q so I can post something worthwhile.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 09:28:18 PM by Keymaster »