Author Topic: I quit the other forum after 6 + years and over 6000 post  (Read 7201 times)

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
Re: I quit the other forum after 6 + years and over 6000 post
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2014, 02:49:33 PM »
I only had one experience with a BBQ forum and found excessive infantile moderation.

Now I understand more fully how and why this site came to be,and the BIG push to eliminate spammers.

You guys got it 100% right at this site.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2014, 02:54:45 PM »
I only had one experience with a BBQ forum and found excessive infantile moderation.

Now I understand more fully how and why this site came to be,and the BIG push to eliminate spammers.

You guys got it 100% right at this site.
I had the same experience on other sites. No one is forcing you to only talk about equipment that they sell here. This site is top notch... Tim and all the moderators I salute you!
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline RAD

« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2014, 08:03:07 PM »
Believe it or not I think that is a really sad thing. I had learned so much from that site and Berry did such a great job leading the cats. I really love this site and haven't been over there for a really long time but that is still a sad thing.  :(
Love to cook and eat

Offline hikerman

« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2014, 08:09:06 PM »
Believe it or not I think that is a really sad thing. I had learned so much from that site and Berry did such a great job leading the cats. I really love this site and haven't been over there for a really long time but that is still a sad thing.  :(
Same here RAD!

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2014, 08:15:34 PM »
Really hated to leave that site, but really with all that spam I could not stay another day.  :(

Like I have said before, this site has kept all the old friends going and brought in a new batch of friends into my world and I am very thankful to Tim for starting this site.   
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2014, 12:23:37 AM »
Really hated to leave that site, but really with all that spam I could not stay another day.  :(

Like I have said before, this site has kept all the old friends going and brought in a new batch of friends into my world and I am very thankful to Tim for starting this site.   

Amen to that and thanks for inviting me from that other forum, this place is great and I'm glad to be here.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)