Author Topic: And suddenly, we have twins!  (Read 992 times)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: And suddenly, we have twins!
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2014, 09:49:13 AM »
Nice looking twins!   You don't need to use them as food they are way to cute  ;)

BUT, if you do get Tee to send you some Swine an Bovine rub good stuff.
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline hikerman

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 01:39:11 PM »
Neat story and pics Kat!
My guess is those two kids since being fed by you will follow you around like puppy dogs!

Offline SmokinKat

• The Rounds Farm
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 01:58:21 PM »
Probably, Hikerman... Dang it!  :) 

We got the mama goat last year when she was 3 days old and bottle fed her and her brother.  They really are just like puppies-- wagging their tails every time we come by, and even recognize my car coming in the driveway. 

(I've got a little video of them as babies wagging their little tails and just being generally adorable on my blog if you want to see it-- http://theroundsfarm.blogspot.com/ .  It's a post I put up this February, entitled "Spring 2013 Part 2: Overwhelmed by cuteness")

That's why I was REALLY hoping for the mama goats to raise the babies, to avoid that kind of attachment!  We're still praying that these little ones get big and strong enough to go back with mama and feed normally.  Doing what we can with the unexpected!   And heck, if worse comes to worse, we end up with two extra "Pet" goats to help with blackberry bushes.  :) 
MAK 2 Star #2639
MAK 1 Star # 819
Office/Sales associate at MAK Grills
http://theroundsfarm.blogspot.com/

Offline SmokinKat

• The Rounds Farm
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2014, 05:06:52 PM »
Well, we lost the one little one, but this little guy is eating and growing like a champ!   

One week old on Sunday, and he NEVER STOPS EATING!!!!   Mama goat is not cooperating with my grand plan of her taking over motherly duties, so he's still up in our bedroom crying for milk at all hours. 

Our golden retriever, Roxy, has decided that the little peanut is HER baby, and takes every chance she can get to snuggle and lick the little guy. 

Little dude seems to be pretty chill about the tongue baths.  He just gets confused when he goes to try and nurse on her, and comes back with a mouthful of hair. 

Mama goat IS giving milk like a champ-- some of this is foam, but it was a good 3/4 of a quart she gave at lunchtime today! 

It's also becoming clear that I am going to end up with an ABUNDANCE of milk on my hands (especially when the other two does start in!)  I found out my darling James is just unbelievably squeamish about the thought of drinking milk that he's seen come out of the animal.  He says he KNOWS that that's where all milk comes from, but... he just gets all squirmy and squiggly when I ask if he'd like to try some (cold, from the fridge).  Sigh... I might have to resort to sneak tactics.   

MAK 2 Star #2639
MAK 1 Star # 819
Office/Sales associate at MAK Grills
http://theroundsfarm.blogspot.com/

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 05:28:53 PM »
Sorry you lost one .
thanks for the update .
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 05:50:53 PM »
Sorry for the loss of the little one.

I do like the pics and updates also ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 06:40:55 PM »
Our goat never gave a drop of milk...

We had to squeeze it out of her.    :-\

I just couldn't resist
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2014, 08:46:34 PM »
Sorry about the loss, you might make mozzarella out of it, then he wouldn't know where it came from. I certainly don't miss my goat milking days in high school, but the milk and cheese is good.