Author Topic: Comments on this board  (Read 4749 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Re: Comments on this board
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2014, 12:05:23 AM »
I thought I had been here about 3 years but just checked and has just been over a year! ::) I agree with all of you who have replied, this is one great site!!! I have learned from all of you and your BBQ and cooking has helped me with the ways and methods I do BBQ; especially with ribs, butts and briskets. I was in here early this am and then went for an eye check up. After drops and flashbulbs going off it left me sensitive to light. It was about 12 hours since I got home and can now get back in here. I was about to have withdraw symptoms!!!  :o You all are like family to me! Thanks Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Dakota Don

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2014, 01:05:07 AM »
I used to belong to a couple different forums. This is the only place I hang at now.
Same goes for me. People here are not as 'judgmental'. Some of the other places expected me to know more than I do, since I'm in my fifties, but I was traveling all of the time due to business (sometimes people just needed to deal with the founder/CEO). So I didn't get to start cooking until I suddenly became retired. I have learnt much here, and enjoy the social aspect of this group.
C.B. BEESR
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
C.B. 4 Burner Infrared - Natural Gas
Holland Grill - Natural Gas

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2014, 01:30:56 AM »
I am honored that y'all would have me as a member. I have met so many friends here that will last a lifetime. Remember that we all get together in the Fall at The Gathering where we do nothing but relax and get to know each other better and become greater friends......oh, and bbq a little meat. Can't wait to meet you there.