Author Topic: Beef Prices hit all time high in the U.S.  (Read 643 times)

Offline aliengriller

Re: Beef Prices hit all time high in the U.S.
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2014, 08:43:56 PM »
Beats MOST of our prices here.  Sam's (usually the "cheapest) briskets are now 2.78/lb.   Bought them many times at 2.28 or less.   Man--tried to find a tri tip today--last price I saw was $4.99, used to get them for 2.99 or 3.49 (on sale)   Now can't even find them!  BOO.   Bought a bottom round, will marinate and try for Sunday dinner coming up.   weather beautiful here--need to take advantage before it gets too hot   Should be out on the "veranda" right now, sipping my Johnny Walker Red.   Not--sitting here instead!   Is that dumb, or what?

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
Re: Beef Prices hit all time high in the U.S.
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2014, 02:02:53 PM »
The butcher lady at Cardenas cut my pork into 4 inch chunks,very easy to debone and cut the skin off.So left me with great skin to make cracklins and perfect treat sized dog bones.Going to buy all my pork butts from them for now on.

Man alive what a nice thing to do,she made my day.Im very lucky,not all Cardenas are so good,ours for some reason is just loaded with the nicest folks.I dont like shopping,I love going to that store.

A little OT,but service makes higher prices easier to deal with.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.