Author Topic: The Juice Diet,Lost 11 lbs in 5 days  (Read 4848 times)

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
The Juice Diet,Lost 11 lbs in 5 days
« Reply #-1 on: April 26, 2014, 06:01:40 PM »
OK,not ignoring you folks,just not eating.Somehow I got up tp 247 lbs,Blood pressure keeps going up,had to do something.Friend did this and I watched the 90 minute film fat sick and nearly dead.Guy went on a 60 day juice fast and lost 60 lbs or something.You can do 10,30 ,or 60 days,or more,depending how much you need to lose.Called a reboot,his site is reboot with Joe.

So Im doing it,first 3 days were horrible hungry,day 5 is better for sure,seeing the pounds drop off is strong reinforcement to cont.Never dieted before in my life.Ive already lost 11 pounds

You drink 4 of 16 ounce juices that are 80/20% veggie to fruit.You can make and drink veggie broth on your water portion,that helps a lot.Drink about 80 ounces water a day.Slams you with a million micronutrients so body isnt starving,but since digestion of solids shut down,body attacks fat for those calories.

If you really dont feel good about your health,or weight,this is worth a 90 minute watch.

After juicing you go to a lo calorie diet,with or without juice,add a ton of veggies to meals to keep calories down and maintain the new you.

Hope someone might be helped by this,I have no interest in the links or program in any way.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/full-movie-fat-sick-nearly-dead

http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: The Juice Diet,Lost 11 lbs in 5 days
« on: April 26, 2014, 06:28:33 PM »
Good luck with the diet.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 07:07:10 PM »
Checked it out and looks like it would definitely work. Sorry to ask but does it cause any racing trips to the restroom ??? I lost a inch on my belt while moving and eating only what the wife ate in a week and a half. Good luck on your diet, I think I could do it but I have serious steak withdrawal after two weeks :)

Offline spuds

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 08:36:34 PM »
Had three days green stools now nothing,but boy do you have to pee a lot.

For the water can have some veggie broth.That really helps,but amazingly day 5 Im hardly hungry at all,only got 2 juices in so far,need 4 minimum and 6 maximum.

Just made a crazy good broth.Took tomatoes,zucchini,carrots,onion and garlic on a cookie tray.Spread about a TBS of olive oil on them,salt,pepper.Baked in oven at 400F for one hour than into a sauce pan for 2 hour simmer,man thats good!

Im surprised dropping the coffee hasnt been to hard either,usually I start right in on wake up,now just a 16 oz class of tea I sip all day seems to be OK.I have had a few mild headaches,but day 5 has really been a good day.

Thanks SB for the encouragement.

I think,and it varies,but in most cases,and mine,beat the first 3-4 days and its much easier.Heck,Im almost 10% to a 60 day already.

What got me going was feeling like crap at work,then my Dr's answer is throw pills at it,that got me mad and when I get angry I can act.But what to do?

Then a friend found this,she lost 22 pounds in first week! Said,I better watch that movie.And then said self.....YOU are FAT SICK and nearly DEAD,at least sure heading that way.

Brings us to today,cant believe Im doing it either,But Joes site has endless testimonials of peoples experiences,and some are FAT,like 500 pounds and been on every diet going,and succeeding at this.

Yup,pretty fascinating stuff. HOT DANG that broth is good,almost like eating regular foods Im used to,very satiating,wow!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 08:57:41 PM by spuds »
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 08:54:25 PM »
Good luck with the diet.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 12:47:06 AM »
Spuds, I truly am in support of what your doing. I have watched the same show and do believe.

I don't juice at this time but have a glass of veg/fruit mix every morning, I use the Vita-mix blender. I also a big fan of fresh garlic. It will either cure ya or send your friends packing ;D

Can you post your recieps?
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline spuds

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 07:33:23 AM »
CDN,one of the interesting things was just replacing breakfast with a juice was good for cutting calories and getting a nice strong shot of nutrients.

The staple is...Mean green

4 leaves Kale
4 stalks celery
2 green apples (we have an apple assortment though at this time)
1 cucumber

Last night we had-for 2 people

1 apple
1 beet peeled
1 cucumber peeled
1 zucchini peeled
8 celery stalks
3 medium/large carrots.

Just pretty much anything thats 80% veggie to 20% fruit,so some I use pears instead of apples.Carrots are sweet so will sub carrots for apples.

Some say its OK for a fruit juice for breakfast.When I woke feeling tired on day 3 we made a whole pineapple,couple oranges,couple apples,and 4 stalks celery.Man that was good and got you moving.

Seems with Joe,apples,especially Kale,and cucumber are his big ingredients.

A new addition on his program is coconut juice,either straight or added to juice for electrolyte replacements.Found we had some in the hous,will use up a can today,but apparently if you dont have that its OK,just try to get a good variety of foods.

Another thing was make a rainbow color with your drinks,I have a pic of what a rainbow looks like when juiced,if it downloads right I will post it.

Offline spuds

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 08:01:37 AM »
Looks like rainbow

Making broth

Baked veggies,boy they turned out nice

Then into pot to simmer about 2 hours,covered.That broth was soooo good.

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 10:00:09 AM »
Here's what I put in mine.

Cucumber, carrot, kale leaves, spinach, dandy lion leaves, apples, kiwi, banana, blueberries.

You said an 80/20 mix I think I am over that ratio.
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 01:14:32 PM »
spuds, good luck on the diet.

Offline spuds

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 05:48:30 PM »
Thanks IR,dropped 2 more pounds. ;D

CDN,maybe a little off on the ratio for weight loss,but certainly sounds VERY nutritious.It would be interesting to go to calorie counter and put in each ingredient and see what calories are. You can change the serving size and the ounces to grams,pounds,whatever.See how many cals that smoothie has.

For me to maintain my weight at 247 I was allowed about 2000 cals for my sedentary lifestyle,1500 cals drops 1 pound or so a week.

I like the caloriecount.about.com site..eg,a medium banana is 105 calories ,offhand i think apple is 85.

I will shoot for 500 cals a meal when done.

8 ounces of Swai filet is only 200 calories.Add 2 cups spaghetti squash and thats only 40 cals more.Thats astounding.

Once Ive started researching you can eat some dang filling meals AND lose weight,I just need to edjufacate myself.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 06:07:15 PM by spuds »

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 09:01:53 PM »
Are you eating 3 or 4 times a day?

When you make the broth are you tossing all the veggies?
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351

Offline spuds

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2014, 10:20:48 PM »
Are you eating 3 or 4 times a day?

When you make the broth are you tossing all the veggies?
Just the 4-6 juices a day,and the broth.Which is about half my water amt.

Yup,the veggies from broth go to chickens,what they dont eat goes into the composter.Shame to waste it,but its doing its job,this is really working,only thing I can say is Im astounded.I sure dont want to eat commercial veggie juice,that stuffs nasty and LOADED with salt,leaves me puckered after that,its that bad.

Have no idea what the broth is costing,but nothing in it was over a dollar a lb,maybe 3 lbs?Less than 3 bucks for prime veggie broth,again,that stuff is GOOD!

Already face is less puffy,and I can feel its coming off my middle too.

Thats a good sized bowling ball Im not dragging around already,and I can feel it.

:) yup,this is good stuff.

Offline GrillGeek

• www.pelletgrilloutfitters.com
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2014, 11:59:34 PM »
Spuds, congrats on your new ventures. FSND and juicing changed my life and freed me from my migraines.  I have been fortunate enough to be a part of Reboot With Joe's team, as I have been featured in his last book and will be in the next movie. 

It's rather easy to adjust your way of life to eliminate the bad stuff...and keep eating good meals. It's all about learning to properly fuel your body and stay away from the "bad" stuff. There's so much to learn about proper diet!

Owner of Simi Pellet Grills- The Pellet Grill Outfitters
www.pelletgrilloutfitters.com

805-285-2618

Offline spuds

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2014, 04:24:43 AM »
GrillGeek,can you tell us more about what you did and why,how long,wt loss vrs time?

When did you begin,and at now? Do you still juice and how much a day?

Are you on the community link and can you tell us who you are,or PM me between us 2 so I could read it?

Im a question factory here,and what you can add,at least for me,would be invaluable.

Wife noted that the color under me eyes has disappeared already,and already Its easier just walking.This is life changing,just no 2 ways about that.

You make a good point,its about educating yourself on what a healthy diet is.I THOUGHT I knew,but what I knew was bunk.But once I got going Im Mr research now and while I have and keep finding more about what Joe wants us to do,Im also really studying hard on how to eat right after the reboot is done.Just hours a day,learned what I thought was good as a staple really should be viewed more as a treat.

Yep,good stuff.