Author Topic: The Juice Diet,Lost 11 lbs in 5 days  (Read 4851 times)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
Re: The Juice Diet,Lost 11 lbs in 5 days
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2014, 11:03:22 PM »
I love mayo too, but it's become something that I rarely eat because of the calorie factor.  I do like mustard as well, especially stone ground and I use it more now than I ever have, it's my mayo substitute.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2014, 01:07:57 PM »
Im down 24 lbs in 18 days.Ive had a couple nibbles of things,a strawberry,a lemon slice x 2.

Mrs made Kale chips.Coat with Olive oil and bake til crisp,just dont over oil them.Add salt,they taste like a slightly burnt potato chip,I thought they were very good,Mrs thought average.Then again anything looks really good to me about now,LOL!  :P

Mrs has been eating small amts of food,like a little breakfast,other than that still doing it,but not losing wt at the crazy rate I am. Hunger,not an issue except being aware I would like something,no crazy mad urges to eat,Im finding this rather easy to stick to,and Im no super man when it comes to will.It just plain hasnt been that tough for me.I think that is all because the payback is immediate and long term health aspects so positive I have super motivation to want to continue.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline spuds

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2014, 03:45:09 PM »
Day 21,still plugging along.Have nibbled on a few things,but thats it,not enough to matter,like a lemon slice,few kernels corn,a few garlics from the broth.

One problem is dehydration,dizzy in morning a bit when standing until I get fluids on board.Ive cut out my lisinopril from 40mg to 20 to none,but may take it back to 10mg a day.BP max without it as high as 140/75,a little higher than I want but in safe range per guidelines,your judgement call on that.

Today I hit 220 lbs,will be last day in 220's. Total loss in 21 days is 27 lbs.

1/3rd through the initial goal of 60 days.Loosing a pound/day average now,so looks like 180 after 60 days will be the final.

A day at a time,cant say where it will end,thats up to my body.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2014, 05:05:11 PM »
Hi Carl,

Great to here how you are coming along. Congratulations ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline spuds

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2014, 02:24:06 PM »
Weight 217 lbs
Loss 30 lbs
day 24

Offline spuds

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2014, 06:03:12 PM »
35 pounds missing in 31 days.

Some days better than others,but Im not sure the loser days are solely diet as other things going on.

Half way to my goal of a 60 day reset.

Boy do I ever want to eat again,not maddening hunger,just want some good food and variety,miss that a lot.But only 29 days,I can do anything I reckon for a lousy 29 days.

Offline SmokinKat

• The Rounds Farm
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2014, 11:23:56 AM »
Dang, Spuds, that is impressive!   Hopefully you can ease back into things after your 60 days and keep that hard earned loss steady! 
MAK 2 Star #2639
MAK 1 Star # 819
Office/Sales associate at MAK Grills
http://theroundsfarm.blogspot.com/

Offline hikerman

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2014, 12:12:05 PM »
Spuds we have been following your progress and it is impressive to say the least. Halfway through to your goal how do you feel?
An organic co-op opened in town last fall and we have been enjoying a bounty of assorted veggies and fruits since that time. In fact we start our day with mixed veggie juice six days a week. It's amazing the energy that the veggies give us, we rarely drink coffee anymore but feel a surge much like caffeine that must be from the enzymes in the juice. From following your progress my wife wants us to eliminate another meal and add more juice.

Keep going towards your goal Spuds and good luck to you and Mrs Spuds in reaching that goal!
Gene

Offline spuds

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2014, 07:37:04 PM »
Kat,its going to be a lifetime change in how we eat.I dont want to give up my favorites,so the 'bad' ones will just have to be moderated and require thought on just when we can afford to eat the higher calorie things.Just proper planning,not eat whatever,whenever.What really bothers me is I just cant find an answer on breads,seems those are just calorie hogs.

Must continue researching the answer.

I found a great thing for tacos.Since we and I guess most folks like lettuce on them,skip the taco shell and just wrap in lettuce.Saves 100 calories each.Eat 4-5 tacos thats a huge calorie savings,and Im pretty sure its the meat and fillings that make the taco,not the shell.The shell was put there to just be a holder,was cheap calories,soooo....time to update those.

Gene,Im not sure how I feel.Work messes with my sleep,and I just dont know how much a roll that plays in how I feel.I did dump the caffeine too,and agree the juice does give a nice pick up for sure.Dropping coffee was just as easy as dropping soda pop many years ago,and I do feel better with the caffeine gone for sure.

I did eat a little bit on work days and did feel better.I'll bet juicing 2 meals and one real meal would be really good way to go.I get dizzy standing in AM until juice has kicked in ,but Im on blood pressure medicine and doubt Im really managing that the best too,so again,not sure if its all the diet but in truth suspect it is.

My goal is a reset,so in that this is dang successful.Is it perfect,definitely no.Is it for my own good,ya better believe it.

The really interesting part will be going forward,Im sure the new diet after that will include the juicing to get the micronutrient blast for health.A friend is a herbalist who cured his leukemia with massive doses of veggies nutrients,and I cant see anything but positives for including these nutrients,but can see lots of reasons to neglect them being a poor choice IMO for me.

Im not knocking anybodies diet choices,its YOUR choice what works for YOU and I respect your choices for you.

Im thinking one,maybe 2 juices a day(variable,depends on what I feel that day),and a good sized low cal meal(s).When I want some crazy cal BBQ,2 juices and go for it!I dont want to stop eating the yumms in life.Just plan and think before I eat em.

I will be shooting for 1500 cals a day,should lose 1-2 pounds a week on that,2000 cals being maintain wt. I THINK that is what my size and activity calls for.Will have to see,thats still an unknown until I do it.Numbers dont always work out the same when we add in our individuality.

I should come off this in the 180's and think my target should be about 160.

Bottom line?ITS A GOOD THING. For  massive wt loss... this works. Lots of vitamins and minerals,YES! Include in future lifestyle,ABSOLUTELY. Am I 'fat sick and nearly dead'...not nearly as much as I was,and thats a hugely good feeling already, for sure.I can walk MUCH easier,breath better,more flexible and already not carrying 3.5 bowling balls around (OK,10 lb balls but still,LOL),man alive can I feel that.

Offline spuds

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2014, 07:47:06 PM »
Something else,I cant believe how ignorant I was about nutrition until I got into this and started reading,the internet can teach us anything.I had no idea how uninformed I was about my diet,ASTOUNDING!!

If I did nothing but dump the HUGE calorie drive thru fast food I would be light years ahead,that stuff is BAD!

Offline hikerman

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2014, 08:46:29 PM »
Spuds I agree with all you've said 100%!  As a species we have gotten away from being hunters and gatherers. We've kinda turned into a feed lot group on the move. A lot of what we needed was replaced by what we wanted, and now we have many, many maladies that are thought of as "normal"!  That is scary...
Anyway, good luck and good health buddy!  ;D

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2014, 08:53:17 PM »
I was listening to a talk show on the radio the other day. Sugar is MORE addictive that heroine ???
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline hikerman

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2014, 09:10:29 PM »
I was listening to a talk show on the radio the other day. Sugar is MORE addictive that heroine ???
I can believe that. Would explain why Gerber was sued years ago for putting excessive amounts of sugar in baby food!  Hmmmm "we got you now"!

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2014, 09:40:39 PM »
You try and read the labels but sugar has so many different names.

So many places on the internet to find info,
http://www.fitsugar.com/Other-Names-Sugar-Appear-Labels-810571
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351

Offline spuds

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2014, 09:53:46 PM »
Crazy,its in like everything!