Author Topic: Who has Sirius radio???  (Read 1874 times)

Offline hikerman

Re: Who has Sirius radio???
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2014, 12:58:55 PM »
The thing I find with Sirius Radio it repeats a lot of music if you listen to it long enough. We had it connected at work and after a 12 hour shift you would start to hear all the same stuff again.
Lately I been using my cell phone. I have 6 gigs of data before I get charged extra. I have never gone over 3 gigs in a month. What I do is use an app called TuneIn Radio and a little blue tooth speaker from Bose. Works fantastic and I have music even out at the hotube or in my garage.

We do something similar to Devo's set-up. I got two really good speakers for our desktop PC and run Tune-in thru them. Great sound, many thousands of stations that are commercia-free, and best part is.....it's free!

Offline jjjonz

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2014, 02:02:22 PM »
Got a new car last year and got a 6 moth trial......boy do they know what they are doing. Like Jaxon we like the 50s and 60s.....and Willies Roadhouse. Just don't think we could live without it now. It's only  $120 a year for 50 channels...we only listen to about 6 though.
Weber Smokey Joe gold...mini WSM
2002 Weber Genesis Silver [rebuilt]
PBC
Camp Chef smokin pro Stx
Thermopen [fast British racing green]

Offline Eatin Smoke

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2014, 09:10:54 PM »
I listen to Sirius all the time especially at work.  I was fortunate to buy the "Lifetime Subscription" several years ago before the discontinued it.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2014, 01:02:34 AM »
RAD I prefer the I-heart-radio app over Pandora. You not only get a ton of radio stations you also get to make a playlist or just let it play songs in a genre or category exactly like Pandora.

The difference is that you only hear one commercial at the very start then just music. And it is completely free!
I also use I-heart but for me it seems to come in and out more then Pandora.

Pandora was giving me problems like disconnecting and would just stop playing music saying it was out of songs ??? I heart was working better for me. It is frustrating having to stop in the middle of running to mess with Pandora to get it working again!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline RAD

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2014, 09:00:55 AM »
RAD I prefer the I-heart-radio app over Pandora. You not only get a ton of radio stations you also get to make a playlist or just let it play songs in a genre or category exactly like Pandora.

The difference is that you only hear one commercial at the very start then just music. And it is completely free!
I also use I-heart but for me it seems to come in and out more then Pandora.

Pandora was giving me problems like disconnecting and would just stop playing music saying it was out of songs ??? I heart was working better for me. It is frustrating having to stop in the middle of running to mess with Pandora to get it working again!
Funny you say that. Yesterday we were listening to Pandora and it keep doing what you said so we switched to I-heart. Good to have choices.
Love to cook and eat