Author Topic: Your favorite youtube music videos  (Read 1782 times)

Offline Fiery Kev

• Fiery food is the best food!
Re: Your favorite youtube music videos
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2014, 10:20:58 PM »
This is far from my favorite song, but definitely in the top 5 of my favorite videos. You can't go wrong with a silly alternative song and ninjas!

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2014, 11:46:16 PM »
I was thinking about Flatt and Scruggs too....

The Peaches,gotta love it!

There is a real Good Elton concert being shown on AXS,saw last week,in Vegas,where he introduces his million dollar Yamaha piano,GREAT show,watch for it.

Like that Rocky Top.

My dog BooBoo was famous and had lots of Fans.We went to a Bellamy Brothers concert at a fairgrounds where,get this,dogs were welcome.BB was wearing a Bellamy Brothers bandanna and one of the guys stopped and petted her on the way out,obviously quite happy to meet BooBoo.

Another time in Lake Arrowhead,we were at grocery store.Who parks next to us but Michelle Kwan,who trained up there,I was walking into store and someone whispers to me,thats MK who just walked out.So I go look and as she is loading groceries she reaches over and pets BooBoo,obviously very thrilled to meet BooBoo in person.

Dog had a far greater social life than me,I could only dream it,she lived it! ;D

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:32:09 AM by spuds »
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline spuds

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2014, 12:30:20 AM »
Another Hollywood Bowl with the wrong crowd.Went to see Crosby Stills Nash and Young,doing their Freedom Stop the War Tour.Now wouldnt that tell you SOMETHING about a group of antiwar Hippies what they might be singing?

Well...down in the rich wine and cheese seats are a bunch of Orange County Republicans showing off to their friends how special they are....and they WERE NOT pleased with the music,Like LETS IMPEACH THE PRESIDENT about their god George Bush. ???

Lukewarm crowd to say the least. 8)

Band kept looking at each other,like how in the He!! did we get booked here? After last song,no encores,they couldnt leave fast enough.Of course us,in the cheap seats thankful we got a ticket at all, we're loving it.

Anyhow,lets smuggle some drugs doncha know...

Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2014, 01:00:17 AM »
Roy Clark - Ghost Riders In The Sky
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline spuds

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2014, 01:05:28 AM »
No Johnny Cash favorites?

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2014, 01:09:09 AM »
The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2014, 01:37:49 AM »
Here's a Warren Zevon performance on Letterman Show, his last one before he sadly passed away from mesothelioma, a very short while later.

I could do a whole thread just on WZ.  Probably influenced me as a musician more than any other artist.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Guido1964

• Cook it outdoors
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2014, 12:33:10 PM »
I have two  Tommy Emmanuel's version of classical gas and Shakira covering back in black
Charbroil 940X
Charbroil Tabletop Gas Grill
Charbroil Vertical gas smoker
Charbroil SMK smoker box
Chargriller Wrangler
Piece of expanded steel for camp fire

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2014, 12:38:51 PM »

Here you go.

Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2014, 12:39:49 PM »
Very nice David! He was one of my all-time favorite performers. His words/stories were so poingiant, wild and sad at the same time. I was fortunate enough to have met him at a little club in Chicago in the mid-eighties. As talented as he was, he was also humble and a real guy!
That is way cool, Gene. I agree, his music was more than music it was the stories. It is interesting how many of these guys are just guys. I met Sting in Chile in a small coffee shop. I envy you meeting WZ that had to be great! I hope sometime to meet Leonard Cohen.

Sting is an interesting guy! But I enjoy meeting people that are, how can I say it? Out of my comfort zone....maybe. Some are real buttheads, while most are real people with down to earth thoughts and ideas. Unlike the pedestals we sometimes put them up on! When you can get to conversation, we find that we are more alike than different.

Very well said. I've been lucky to meet a bunch of my favorites over the years in unlikely places - Garfunkel in a café at Mt Rushmore, Sting in Chile, Arnold Palmer in a café in MPLS. I always took the approach of not asking for autographs, just asking if we could talk... Most times, these people turned out to be regular folks and we had a great conversation. Some others (will not name) not so nice. I get it they are bugged constantly. But those that will take a few minutes (or a couple hours - Sting) to talk - lots of fun.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2014, 01:19:59 PM »

How about this one? ;)
----------------------

Offline spuds

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2014, 02:09:42 PM »
Thats the one i was thinking of.

Fine Uke playing.

My Mom and her friend met Telly Savalas at the horse track,sat right next to him.Sucking lollipops,mom  said he was a super gentleman,treated them like long lost friends.Good on him.

Cousin met Arsenio Hall.Mom asked him a question on his TV show.He reminded him of it.He said,I remember Aunt Ellie! Signed a picture addressed to Aunt Ellie for my Mom.Another gentleman.

Friend met an old man hitman in the hospital.He thought she was great.He told her anyone messes with you,just let me know  ???.Said he was a little guy and looked like your favorite uncle.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 02:35:45 PM by spuds »

Offline spuds

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2014, 02:16:38 PM »
Moms friend Dinghy was a boxer,his claim to fame was he once fought Jake LaMotta.One time in a pancake house 2 young punks were mouthing off,Ding didnt like em,said there are ladies present,please keep it down,not language to use around Ladies..One said what are you going to do about it old man? He flattened both of em,he was old but still strong as ever,they beat a hasty retreat before cops showed. :D

I used to drive for them when they went out,or bar hopping,whatever.very cool being 15 years old driving a Lincoln Continental.

Point of story,listening to his Johnny Cash 8 tracks waiting on them,great fun for me for sure.I miss them all.

Dinghy was a Locksmith.Started selling jewelry at his shop,it really took off.Became a Jeweler.I remember him coming to the house one time with a case,opened it and told my sisters,pick one.One got a diamond ring,the other a Ruby ring.Quite a guy he was indeed.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 02:27:45 PM by spuds »