Author Topic: Ham in SRG  (Read 11712 times)

Offline allornothing

Re: Ham in SRG
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2016, 09:54:05 AM »
Wow that looks great, really nice. 

My plans changed and we did ham at daughters house last weekend so didn't try one in SRG.  Did first center cut pork loin yesterday though.  Bought way to much had 9lb, wouldn't fit on rack so I cut in half and used two rack.  Marinated overnight, then did the mustard, salt and pepper rub that I see everyone suggest.  Cooked on high for about 30 minutes to brown, then wrapped in foil to finish on low heat.  Foil held in all the juices so I was able to pour off and then finish on top of grill to get bark on bottom.  Took about two and half ours, foiling it really slowed down cook, but ended looking and tasting great.  I think I have about five pounds of left overs, I was thinking of putting back in srg and making trying to pull it.  Don't know if this cut will work for pulled pork or not. 

I wish I had pictures, but I didn't take any and really have issues posting them anyway lol. 

Thanks to all who had recipes on here for the pork. 

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2016, 11:28:11 AM »
Wow that looks great, really nice. 

My plans changed and we did ham at daughters house last weekend so didn't try one in SRG.  Did first center cut pork loin yesterday though.  Bought way to much had 9lb, wouldn't fit on rack so I cut in half and used two rack.  Marinated overnight, then did the mustard, salt and pepper rub that I see everyone suggest.  Cooked on high for about 30 minutes to brown, then wrapped in foil to finish on low heat.  Foil held in all the juices so I was able to pour off and then finish on top of grill to get bark on bottom.  Took about two and half ours, foiling it really slowed down cook, but ended looking and tasting great.  I think I have about five pounds of left overs, I was thinking of putting back in srg and making trying to pull it.  Don't know if this cut will work for pulled pork or not. 

I wish I had pictures, but I didn't take any and really have issues posting them anyway lol. 

Thanks to all who had recipes on here for the pork.
If you try to pull it apart carry the IT to 205 (LOW setting) and wrap with foil after it hits 160.. Don't forget to add a little apple juice before you wrap  ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Bluecham

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2019, 05:19:51 PM »
I've been looking for this post. Gonna do it for tomorrow!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk