Author Topic: Why should you buy an SRG?  (Read 3602 times)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Why should you buy an SRG?
« Reply #-1 on: April 11, 2018, 09:04:57 AM »
Question ask:    If I were standing inside Lowe's or Home Depot, and you were an employee on the sales floor, how would you sell me on the SRG (what makes it stand out)?

As an oilless fryer:

The SRG is the Big brother to the Big Easy (TBE)  and  the Ele-Big Easy (BEESR)  so size for one is a BIG plus you can cook a 25 lb turkey vs a 16 lb for the smaller units. Fries turkeys like an oil frier without the mess and danger. You can inject meat with anything you want without fear of HOT oil spatter when you place it in the chamber.. Spuds turn out wonderful and meats will not dry out in infrared like they will on a grill

As a smoker:

The SRG also works as a smoker (somewhat) where you can cook with smoke added flavor easily with it's built in smoker box. It's cooks pulled pork with the best cookers out there (I should know I have over 135 + cooked in them)

As a grill:

The SRG also works as an infrared grill with temps well above 550 for searing meat like a 1000K grill! Plus with the built in smoker box you can add smoke to all your grilled food.

All in all the SRG is the best (IMHO) grill for the money.  What else can grill at 550 + temp, smoke foods (added smoke flavor) deep fry meat like nothing else
for a price of 199.00 or less?  As for fuel, they use propane and a tank last many hrs of cooking

They last for a long time as well mine are 9 and 8 years old and keep asking for more.  Very little clean up as well

I could go on but Charbroil has discontinued them for some reason (why I can't get an answer nor do they say there is a replacment so get them while you can!!!)

Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
Re: Why should you buy an SRG?
« on: April 11, 2018, 09:42:15 AM »
I wanna buy another one now..just sayin  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline rwalters

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 10:10:57 AM »
Thanks for answering! And dang, you’ve peaked my interest. Even if used only as an oil-less fryer. This might sound stupid, but are the turkeys that come out of your SRG good enough to make the $199 price of admission worth it if that was the only thing you used it for a few times/year?
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 10:24:44 AM »
Thanks for answering! And dang, you’ve peaked my interest. Even if used only as an oil-less fryer. This might sound stupid, but are the turkeys that come out of your SRG good enough to make the $199 price of admission worth it if that was the only thing you used it for a few times/year?
YES, buit it does soooooo much more. Just spend some time in the SRG section from the past post you will see everone uses it for lots of cooks!  Now it's not a true smoker but it does well with ribs, butts and other meats!  If you decide to get one (I suggest you do)  I'd love to help you along with the res of the forum will jump in.  This is by far the best SRG cooking forum on the web!!!
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline rwalters

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 10:28:42 AM »
YES, buit it does soooooo much more. Just spend some time in the SRG section from the past post you will see everone uses it for lots of cooks!  Now it's not a true smoker but it does well with ribs, butts and other meats!  If you decide to get one (I suggest you do)  I'd love to help you along with the res of the forum will jump in.  This is by far the best SRG cooking forum on the web!!!
You've got me thinking.  Appreciate your offer to take me under your "SRG wing" should I decide to pull the trigger :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 10:33:41 AM »
You've got me thinking.  Appreciate your offer to take me under your "SRG wing" should I decide to pull the trigger :)
Why I'm here to help out and learn form this forum (Best dang all around forum there is)  Of course Kimmie thinks I'm nuts ;) but then I'm forgiven when dinner time comes around  :D :D
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline skidog

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 11:01:06 AM »

180 bucks at Amazon, free shipping. Just in case yo wanted to know.  :P
1985 Weber Genesis
SRG
Cook-Air
BS 28in griddle
Kingsford 22in charcoal grill
Anova
Cuisinart griddler
IP 6qt
GMG DC

Offline rwalters

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 11:26:30 AM »
You wont regret getting one   They do so much!

ARM TWISTER!!!!!! COOKER PUSHER!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 11:34:30 AM by TMB »

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 12:13:54 PM »

Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 01:03:41 PM »
I have 7 other smokers and grills. The SRG is my go to for all poultry (turkey and chicken) corn on the cob, baked potatoes (including sweet potatoes)
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline rwalters

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 01:12:34 PM »
I have 7 other smokers and grills. The SRG is my go to for all poultry (turkey and chicken) corn on the cob, baked potatoes (including sweet potatoes)
Why is it your go-to for poultry?  What makes it stand out from the rest? Are you talking whole chickens only, or parts as well (wings, thighs, breasts)?  Inquiring minds wanna know :)

Offline richf918

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 01:40:59 PM »
I never really got the hang on mine, I wanted something more of a smoker and ended up buying a PBC which I love

I'm in CT if anyone is interested in my TBE, its in great shape but sitting collecting dust

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2018, 02:15:09 PM »
Why is it your go-to for poultry?  What makes it stand out from the rest? Are you talking whole chickens only, or parts as well (wings, thighs, breasts)?  Inquiring minds wanna know :)
Your yardbird or turkey turns out like it's been fried in oil.  The skin is crispy and the meat is juicy!!

Your spuds trun out with crispy skin yet the inside is soft and perfect texture.  INFRARED really does a great job, you can even bake in it if you have a cast iron pot!
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2018, 02:18:02 PM »
because whether it is a whole turkey ( I have done up to 22 lbs), whole chicken, or parts of them, they always come out very juicy, never dry. Sometimes they are so juicy I have to double check the temp as it looks like they are not done. But the juices are clear and the temp is where it should be.
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline skidog

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 03:05:11 PM »

Haha. Just trying to help you out like everyone here that helped me!
1985 Weber Genesis
SRG
Cook-Air
BS 28in griddle
Kingsford 22in charcoal grill
Anova
Cuisinart griddler
IP 6qt
GMG DC