Author Topic: Why should you buy an SRG?  (Read 3603 times)

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: Why should you buy an SRG?
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2018, 03:11:45 PM »
I only have the big easy but I love it as others are saying for the money along with the weber kettle imo can't be beat.

If i could pick just three outdoor cookers it would be the SRG (wish list) My sears gas grill & the  weber 22 inch kettle.

Tommy you got my juices going again on the SRG....but I can't complain because I have the big easy ;) ;) ;) ;)
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline zueth

Why should you buy an SRG?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 03:16:11 PM »
Corn on the cob out of the SRG is amazing, no better way to cook it. I find myself using the grill a lot with pellets in the smoker box. I definitely would not get the TBE because you are limited to smaller turkeys and you don’t get the grill or smoker box. I have done a 26lb turkey in SRG. I typicallly smoke turkey in Bradley First for about 3 hours and finish off in SRG, but have cooked Turkeys the whole time in SRG as well. I have my buddy my setup for deep frying turkeys immediately after I cooked my first turkey in SRG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 03:27:40 PM »
Corn on the cob out of the SRG is amazing, no better way to cook it. I find myself using the grill a lot with pellets in the smoker box. I definitely would not get the TBE because you are limited to smaller turkeys and you don’t get the grill or smoker box. I have done a 26lb turkey in SRG. I typicallly smoke turkey in Bradley First for about 3 hours and finish off in SRG, but have cooked Turkeys the whole time in SRG as well. I have my buddy my setup for deep frying turkeys immediately after I cooked my first turkey in SRG.

Yes knowing what i know now the SRG would be the way to go but as my budget is frozen......The big easy is great too.

As far as smoke some guy in AL that I forget his name ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D came up with the ____  Ring. that can be used with pellets.

Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 03:57:40 PM »
I am on my second The Big Easy and it is as good a cooker as I have ever seen. I thought I would get an SRG when this one dies but I guess I am out of luck. I have several different racks that fit in the basket. It cooks the best chicken wings you could imagine (love my Birmingham Wings) and I have never had a prime rib roast in a restaurant that comes close to mine. I can throw a round cast iron griddle on the top and get it smoking hot and sear anything. With TBE and my Weber Performer I can cook anything I could ever want outdoors.  Down here in South Alabama, cooking season is 12 months every year.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline jcmiggs

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2018, 04:34:42 PM »
If you can find one (even at the retail price) grab it....the most versatile Cooker I have owned.  From Burgers to butts to turkeys.and everything in between.....all turn out great.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2018, 04:57:01 PM »
If you can find one (even at the retail price) grab it....the most versatile Cooker I have owned.  From Burgers to butts to turkeys.and everything in between.....all turn out great.
:D :D  Tell my wife I need another one please. 2 SRG's are not enough!  ;) ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2018, 08:28:16 PM »
:D :D  Tell my wife I need another one please. 2 SRG's are not enough!  ;) ;)

three times the charm ;) ;) ;)
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline nylic76

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2018, 09:09:35 PM »
I saw one listed on Craigslist and will get it on Friday.  They had used it with  less than 1 tank of gas.  Looks like it just came out of the box..Comes will cover, tank, cookbook, and accessories, didn't ask which ones.  Kept covered in the garage.  $100 for all.  Not bad considering it is like new and includes the cover and a tank. I have a big easy that my son might want.  Tommy, I don't suppose, since the basket is bigger, that any of the big easy accessory baskets, etc can be used with it.  Guess my rib hooks will work.
SRG
Big Easy
Weber Kettle
Traeger Junior
Broilmaster Gas & GrillGrates
12" A-MAZE-N Smoker Tube

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2018, 08:18:23 AM »
I saw one listed on Craigslist and will get it on Friday.  They had used it with  less than 1 tank of gas.  Looks like it just came out of the box..Comes will cover, tank, cookbook, and accessories, didn't ask which ones.  Kept covered in the garage.  $100 for all.  Not bad considering it is like new and includes the cover and a tank. I have a big easy that my son might want.  Tommy, I don't suppose, since the basket is bigger, that any of the big easy accessory baskets, etc can be used with it.  Guess my rib hooks will work.
Congrats on the SRG!!    You will see why I fell in love with mine after you use it  ;)

P.M sent to you
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Deebo

Why should you buy an SRG?
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2018, 01:02:13 PM »
I am having trouble figuring out which one is the SRG.....I seem to get the big easy and a bunch of misc stuff on my search....

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2018, 01:13:25 PM »
I am having trouble figuring out which one is the SRG.....I seem to get the big easy and a bunch of misc stuff on my search....

here it is   https://www.amazon.com/Char-Broil-TRU-Infrared-Smoker-Roaster-Grill/dp/B00365FIAS
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill