Author Topic: You guys cost me money  (Read 16361 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
You guys cost me money
« Reply #-1 on: May 24, 2018, 08:23:41 PM »
I must admit, seeing you folks with your grills and gadgets over the years (here and other forums I have frequented) has hit me in the pockets hard :P

Thanks to Agustine, I have ordered a drone. I have been watching MANY videos on YouTube to review different models and finally decided on a Mavic Air. I'll have it next week and might get to go play with it over the weekend. I want to have it follow me on the my scooter and catch me and the better half in the frame. I am super excited to give it a whirl! I wanted the Autel Evo but only God above knows when that will be released so the Mavic will have to do. Time will tell if it lives up to the hype!

I'll post a video once I make one with it.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Ka Honu

Re: You guys cost me money
« on: May 25, 2018, 07:16:56 AM »
... I want to have it follow me on the my scooter...

Drones on autopilot? My initial reaction is somewhere between "Hold my beer and watch this" and "What could possibly go wrong?" (but it still sounds pretty cool)

Just sayin'...
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline Dave R.

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 08:01:38 AM »
I must admit, seeing you folks with your grills and gadgets over the years (here and other forums I have frequented) has hit me in the pockets hard :P

Thanks to Agustine, I have ordered a drone. I have been watching MANY videos on YouTube to review different models and finally decided on a Mavic Air. I'll have it next week and might get to go play with it over the weekend. I want to have it follow me on the my scooter and catch me and the better half in the frame. I am super excited to give it a whirl! I wanted the Autel Evo but only God above knows when that will be released so the Mavic will have to do. Time will tell if it lives up to the hype!

I'll post a video once I make one with it.

I'm with you there. Discussions here are in part what led me to purchase my MAK 2 Star and then this character Augustine has me pining for a drone. Well he at least reignited that idea. Couple that with visiting this site in the morning before eating anything has also been a source of some dang would I love some of that right now moments.
MAK #3591

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 01:13:29 PM »
Good for you rg. I want one too but it is on a long list of I wants .  Lol

This site sure does cost ;D
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Agustine

You guys cost me money
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 03:19:16 PM »
Good for you. We all need a few toys to play with. Looking forward to seeing some videos. Don't forget to register it and read the manual.......twice lol. 

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicle that you realize that violence is never the answer.

Offline Dave R.

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 08:34:06 AM »
Good for you. We all need a few toys to play with. Looking forward to seeing some videos. Don't forget to register it and read the manual.......twice lol. 

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

AND make sure you understand the FAA requirements. I understand there are some but have yet to look them up.
MAK #3591

Offline Agustine

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 09:40:38 AM »
https://www.faa.gov/uas/

You should also check your local\city rules. They  do not control the national air space but can stop you from taking off and landing on city property. There are many rules from state to state and it can get confusing  ??? ??? 
It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicle that you realize that violence is never the answer.

Offline RG

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 09:43:58 AM »
Yeah, I will check all the rules beforehand. There are apps that can tell you if you're in a safe fly area so I'll download one to my phone.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Agustine

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 09:52:17 AM »
Just don't use B4UFLY Mobile App. It was made by the FAA and is the worst one out there.
 Airmap app...has a lot of nice detail and will be part of the LAANC system when it rolls out this summer.

Hover is also a good one.

Also
https://www.uavforecast.com

Offline RG

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 09:54:08 PM »
Just don't use B4UFLY Mobile App. It was made by the FAA and is the worst one out there.
 Airmap app...has a lot of nice detail and will be part of the LAANC system when it rolls out this summer.

Also

Thanks for the info! I just checked tracking, it's finally on the way and will be here a day ahead of schedule! Tuesday it arrives so I'll get to lay hands on it finally!

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 04:15:50 PM »

Also

Thanks for the info! I just checked tracking, it's finally on the way and will be here a day ahead of schedule! Tuesday it arrives so I'll get to lay hands on it finally!

Does it arrive by air? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2018, 03:50:16 PM »
Out For Delivery.....come on UPS, pick up the pace! I need you to come before she gets home!!!!! :)

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2018, 03:55:04 PM »
Out For Delivery.....come on UPS, pick up the pace! I need you to come before she gets home!!!!! :)

Lol
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 04:19:29 PM »
Is it powerful enough to carry a hand grenade? I know a few yards I would like to fly over.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 05:03:46 PM »
Is it powerful enough to carry a hand grenade? I know a few yards I would like to fly over.
  Ken I hope it can carry brisket so rg sends some my way lol
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill