Author Topic: You guys cost me money  (Read 16364 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Re: You guys cost me money
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 10:11:48 PM »
Man, you may be on to something! Drone BBQ delivery! I get 20 minutes of flight per battery so you'd have to move A LOT closer!

Well the drone made it.....while my wife was home no less. I usually leave my garage door up when I am home so they can drop packages in there rather than the front porch. It was raining today to boot so I thought FOR SURE the UPS man would leave it there. Nope, he just HAD to come to the front door to drop it off AND ring the doorbell  ???

My wife asked "Who's that?" and I told her "UPS, I ordered something". She didn't ask what it was. A little bit later I opened the package and took it to show her the box, with the drone pic on the front. She was on the phone (perfect time to show it to her, reminded me of showing report cards to my mom when I was a kid, while she was on the phone and distracted). She paid little to no attention, mouthed the question "What is that?" I said a drone and that was that. Not one question of price, or why, lucky for me!

I at least expected an eye roll!

Then again, she's taking a trip to NY with my daughter in July and planning a trip to Europe next year with my daughter, so maybe she expected me to make a revenge purchase  ;D

Either way, I felt like Ralphie when he didn't get in trouble for saying "Fudge!"
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2018, 08:50:28 AM »
Man, you may be on to something! Drone BBQ delivery! I get 20 minutes of flight per battery so you'd have to move A LOT closer!

Well the drone made it.....while my wife was home no less. I usually leave my garage door up when I am home so they can drop packages in there rather than the front porch. It was raining today to boot so I thought FOR SURE the UPS man would leave it there. Nope, he just HAD to come to the front door to drop it off AND ring the doorbell  ???

My wife asked "Who's that?" and I told her "UPS, I ordered something". She didn't ask what it was. A little bit later I opened the package and took it to show her the box, with the drone pic on the front. She was on the phone (perfect time to show it to her, reminded me of showing report cards to my mom when I was a kid, while she was on the phone and distracted). She paid little to no attention, mouthed the question "What is that?" I said a drone and that was that. Not one question of price, or why, lucky for me!

I at least expected an eye roll!

Then again, she's taking a trip to NY with my daughter in July and planning a trip to Europe next year with my daughter, so maybe she expected me to make a revenge purchase  ;D

Either way, I felt like Ralphie when he didn't get in trouble for saying "Fudge!"

That's why I come here . I learn something new every day. Not always about cooking... ;)
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 03:57:28 PM »
I got the drone updated with the latest firmware and charged the batteries, registered it with the FAA (isn't that a hoot?) and decided to take it for a little spin in the front yard. I only flew for about 5 minutes, just to get a feel for the controls. It's fairly intuitive but I am going to need A LOT of practice! It takes really clear videos, I'll play with camera settings this weekend. I plan on going riding with the wife and hope to find a spot to fly it. It's a little guy, not much bigger than my phone when folded up!

A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2018, 04:20:17 PM »
I like that :thumbup:   Congrats
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Agustine

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2018, 05:34:26 PM »
Wonderful
Just remember Lipo batteries do not like to be at full charge for a long time. They are not designed to be fully charged when not in use. Bring them down to 40% at least for storage longer then 2 or 3 days and they will last longer.

https://rogershobbycenter.com/lipoguide/
It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicle that you realize that violence is never the answer.

Offline RG

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2018, 06:08:24 PM »
Wonderful
Just remember Lipo batteries do not like to be at full charge for a long time. They are not designed to be fully charged when not in use. Bring them down to 40% at least for storage longer then 2 or 3 days and they will last longer.

https://rogershobbycenter.com/lipoguide/

Good info, thank you sir! I am hoping to go riding tomorrow with the wife to try some things, depending on the weather. It's not looking good as of now :( I will be watching more vids on YouTube tonight though nonetheless, lol. Lots to learn on there!