Author Topic: For you Automotive types  (Read 10302 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
For you Automotive types
« Reply #-1 on: June 21, 2020, 02:38:54 PM »
I am a gearhead I suppose. In turn, my son is one as well. Between the 2 of us, we try out different kinds of car care products and over the years I have found some that I have been impressed by. Back last year, I bought a product called Dura-Dressing by Dura Coating Technologies and just never got around to applying it to my truck I had at the time. It is a little labor intensive. I guess it's a good thing because I no longer have that truck, lol. I replaced it with another and had new tires put on it yesterday so I figured I might as well put it to use.

Now I can't attest to the longevity of the coating just yet, as I installed it today but it looks to be legit! It is shiney but not overly so and it is NOT greasy at all, will not sling onto the paint as you drive. It just requires regular cleaning with mild soap as you wash your wheels and the shine stays on up to a year, maybe longer. It comes with enough to reapply if needed down the line.

I don't normally share such stuff but I am impressed and thought it might be a good fit for others that like the wet tire look without the mess of tire shine.

Before (New tires, no dressing) This picture makes my wife's SUV look like a clown car, lol

After Dura-Dressing

My camera work here was suspect but you can see that it is dry, adhered to the tire and doesn't smudge!
https://i.imgur.com/3uSeg7j.mp4

This will be placed right alongside Topcoat F11 in my cleaning supply collection. I will report back down the road if I can remember to!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Walleyewacker

Re: For you Automotive types
« on: June 22, 2020, 11:17:57 AM »
RG thanks for sharing a vehicle care product it’s really hard find a product that lives up to there claims. Hope that this holds up long term for you.