Author Topic: My daughter has renounced veganism so.......  (Read 8300 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
My daughter has renounced veganism so.......
« Reply #-1 on: December 21, 2020, 04:44:19 PM »
I put the KBQ to work and smoked a prime brisket, a butt, a rack of baby backs and a chicken :P

Served with buttered corn on the cob with bacon salt, fried red potatoes and onions, brunswick stew, Alabama white sauce for the chicken, some sweet heat pickles and brisket baked beans made from scratch (dry beans). I actually forgot the beans when taking the picture so I had to take one of them ala carte, lol.

Made up some nice peach sweet tea to wash it down. The plate above was mine, I ate maybe half. My eyes were bigger than my stomach it seems :)
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: My daughter has renounced veganism so.......
« on: December 21, 2020, 05:05:53 PM »
I don't have your problem RG. I could finish that plate faster than a pack of hungry wolves. Outstanding ++++
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 05:11:14 PM »
not to take away from anyone else but this cook is in my Hall of fame of cooking. Amazing. As i sit here eating packaged cheese & packaged turkey. My wife has me on a diet again.

You need to open a restaurant......forget the other hobbies amazing
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 06:41:46 PM »
not to take away from anyone else but this cook is in my Hall of fame of cooking. Amazing. As i sit here eating packaged cheese & packaged turkey. My wife has me on a diet again.

Hahaha! I appreciate the kudos Richard but I'm a hack really. Jaxon is Backyard Jack, I'm backyard hack, lol. The thing is, with me at least, once I do all of that cooking it's actually hard to sit down and eat. Back pre-covid (remember THOSE days?) I would have friends and family over and I'd cook up a storm then just sit back and watch every body else eat. They'd always say "Aren't you going to eat?" and I would just tell them to go ahead and I'd get some later. Eventually Stephanie would make me a plate and tell me to eat, lol.

I don't normally cook those big spreads any more, I actually dialed it back some this round. I didn't make collards, slaw or potato salad or dessert this round. I didn't make ABTs or moinks, I only did one rack of ribs but it DID feel good to roll some smoke! It's been a bit since I played with fire.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2020, 07:03:58 PM »

Hahaha! I appreciate the kudos Richard but I'm a hack really. Jaxon is Backyard Jack, I'm backyard hack, lol. The thing is, with me at least, once I do all of that cooking it's actually hard to sit down and eat. Back pre-covid (remember THOSE days?) I would have friends and family over and I'd cook up a storm then just sit back and watch every body else eat. They'd always say "Aren't you going to eat?" and I would just tell them to go ahead and I'd get some later. Eventually Stephanie would make me a plate and tell me to eat, lol.

I don't normally cook those big spreads any more, I actually dialed it back some this round. I didn't make collards, slaw or potato salad or dessert this round. I didn't make ABTs or moinks, I only did one rack of ribs but it DID feel good to roll some smoke! It's been a bit since I played with fire.

I am not blowing smoke at you.....this looks fantastic....you are not a hack.....I win that award lol.  I have a friend that eats off the grill as he cooks. then when it is time for the guests to eat he is full. I guess if he is still standing the food is safe for us to eat lol.

I mean every word. Outstanding!!!!!

My daughter is still a vegan, my wife is 90% vegetarian my son is 89 a pct picky eater so that leaves the dog & me as carnivores. Takes the fun out of cooking. We are having lamb for Christmas so that will be good. 3 out of four lol
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 07:58:48 PM »
Fantastic plate Jason. 
Regarding the cook, did you do all three meats in the KBQ at the same time?  That much room?
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline RG

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 09:03:16 PM »
Fantastic plate Jason. 
Regarding the cook, did you do all three meats in the KBQ at the same time?  That much room?

Thanks Bob, yep, all at the same time. I started off with the brisket up high with the butt below. When the time was right, I added the ribs on the bottom grate and when I wrapped the ribs and put them back on, I added the chicken on the same rack. I could add another rack if I wanted to do more ribs. I think I only have 3 racks with it but might have a 4th, can't remember how many it came with. I think my Smokin-It #3 came with 4 so I might have them confused :P

Offline Cajunate

• Eatin Louisiana
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2020, 07:28:06 AM »

Jason, that is some awesome looking food and knowing you it tasted even better. I think you may be convincing me on that KBQ cooker! heck, I'd be honored to sit down and eat that.
Traeger Executive 125
Broil King Keg 4000
Primo Jr. Oval
 Cast Iron Jambalaya Pot
Various Outdoor Burners and Pots
Custom made Deep Fryer
Old Fashioned Open Pit Grill

Offline Lines

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2020, 08:34:14 AM »
All the comments are correct RG, that does look delicious.  :thumbup:

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2020, 09:28:16 AM »

RG..I understand after all that cooking then nto being able to eat...don't know why but it happens to me every time that I cook big.    .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline RG

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2020, 06:25:05 PM »

Jason, that is some awesome looking food and knowing you it tasted even better. I think you may be convincing me on that KBQ cooker! heck, I'd be honored to sit down and eat that.

It's been 4 years I've had it now (I think) and I am still amazed by it! You ought to get you one. Yes, you have to babysit it but it's not that big of a deal really. You can still get things done in between tending the fire.

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2020, 08:35:34 PM »
Oh, quit being humble, you put a whole KCBS Contest in a single smoker and all on the same plate at the same time.

Incredible ! ! !

My daughter is still a vegan, my wife is 90% vegetarian my son is 89 a pct picky eater so that leaves the dog & me as carnivores. Takes the fun out of cooking. We are having lamb for Christmas so that will be good. 3 out of four lol

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2020, 03:05:27 PM »
Oh, quit being humble, you put a whole KCBS Contest in a single smoker and all on the same plate at the same time.

Incredible ! ! !

BD

LOL
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2020, 04:57:00 PM »
Good grief, Charlie Brown...what a spread!

Just when I thought your new hobby might cause you to part with the KBQ, you go and burst my bubble.

I don't think I've seen so much food since I was at the Golden Corral. 
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2020, 10:16:12 AM »

RG..I understand after all that cooking then nto being able to eat...don't know why but it happens to me every time that I cook big.    .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

You two are lucky when I cook big I eat big....................Well when I cook small I still eat big lol ...I just have a problem ...I eat big.
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill