Author Topic: MAK 2 Star Pellet Grill Review  (Read 68097 times)

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
Re: MAK 2 Star Pellet Grill Review
« Reply #359 on: July 22, 2018, 03:48:02 PM »
Fantabulous Smoke!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline UWFSAE

« Reply #360 on: July 23, 2018, 02:51:57 AM »
Nice looking brisket, Smoke.  I’m partial to a relatively untrimmed brisket myself, especially when wrapping at the stall.  Hard fat comes off, the rest is flavor.
Joe from Crosby, TX
Smokin-It #3
Weber Genesis E-330

Offline Lantern

« Reply #361 on: July 23, 2018, 10:24:49 PM »
Heck yeah!!!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #362 on: July 24, 2018, 10:05:48 AM »
Well, this review started back on March 4th, so it has gone on for 4 months. Now that Mr. BBQ has rode off into the sunset, I feel I have covered all the bases in this review.

So it is time to turn off the lights and close the door.

For all of you doing your research on pellet grills and you come across this review, I can honestly say, if you can swing a MAK.....got for it.

Do not even think about it. Just get it.

If your budget can't handle the 2 Star, get the 1 Star and don't look back.

There is not a finer pellet grill on the market and with MAKS forward thinking and continuous improvement model, that is not going to change anytime soon.

The MAK has worked flawlessly out of the crate and throughout the entire review.

Yes, I had some issues, but that was due to inferior pellets. If they start with a T...…..move away and get something else.

Just like good dry wood in a stick burner or top quality charcoal in a kettle, pellet grills are no different. Good quality pellets make all the difference.

While there are many choices these days the MAK line up of grills are clearly at the top of the heap.

The 2 Star has clearly exceeded my high expectations. The food produced is second to none. I used to always say "All pellet grills turn out great grub"  Yes they do.

However, the MAK offerings are better. Deep smoke rings. Food is never bitter or oversmoked.

It is like having your own personal pit-master. The quality and fit and finish of the MAK can not be rivaled. You have to unload the crate and put it together to understand what I mean.

The best part of this review was when Wendy and I put the 2 Star together. I was blown away at the quality and detail to absolutely every part of this grill.

If you can afford it, go for it. I actually got a credit card just for this purchase. I have no problems making this monthly payment. It is so worth it.

Again, thanks to all the great people at MAK and a special nod of my hat to Mr.BBQ., for making this review possible and the great support throughout the review.

Get a MAK and don't look back.  :)

This is my last product review. I am tired. There is nothing new under the sun. The MAK was my "Crowing Achievment" when it comes to reviews.

I hope this review has been helpful and I really call it like it is.......just like I have always done.  Time to get back to the smoker..........................

Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline rwalters

MAK 2 Star Pellet Grill Review
« Reply #363 on: July 24, 2018, 11:14:39 AM »
Thanks so much for taking the time to do this lengthy review, Smoke! :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #364 on: July 24, 2018, 04:20:39 PM »
Thanks so much for taking the time to do this lengthy review, Smoke! :)

X2! Very much appreciated.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles