Author Topic: Just bought some CookinPellets  (Read 14165 times)

Offline KJRsmoker

Just bought some CookinPellets
« Reply #-1 on: July 06, 2018, 01:26:39 PM »
I recently got back from an hour drive (one way) trip from my house to Racine, WI to buy some CookinPellets directly from the manufacturer.  I purchased 4 bags of Perfect Mix and 2 bags of Black Cherry.  I was talking to Chris about the other flavors they had as well - Apple Mash and Sweet Maple.  Chris threw in a free bag of whichever I wanted - I chose the Sweet Maple.  I plan on using it next time I make bacon.  And I'm looking forward to using the Black Cherry on my next racks of baby backs. 

With 280 lbs of pellets, I should be set until next summer
2016 MAK 2 Star 2817 ~ Remote Boss
Blackstone Griddle 28"
Gas Grill

Offline sschorr

• San Clemente, CA
Re: Just bought some CookinPellets
« on: July 06, 2018, 01:57:14 PM »
I recently got back from an hour drive (one way) trip from my house to Racine, WI to buy some CookinPellets directly from the manufacturer.  I purchased 4 bags of Perfect Mix and 2 bags of Black Cherry.  I was talking to Chris about the other flavors they had as well - Apple Mash and Sweet Maple.  Chris threw in a free bag of whichever I wanted - I chose the Sweet Maple.  I plan on using it next time I make bacon.  And I'm looking forward to using the Black Cherry on my next racks of baby backs. 

I just cooked 2 racks on the 4th using the Black Cherry.  Nice, light, sweet flavor.  I cook ribs at 275, so not as much smoke flavor as 225, but they come out firm, with a nice bark and very tender and juicy.  Comments from our guests were "best ribs ever" - the holy grail of any cook!  Enjoy.
Sam
MAK 2 Star #3634
Weber Summit E450
Blackstone 17" portable griddle

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 02:13:06 PM »
Been exclusively using CookinPellets Premium Perfect Mix and Premium 100% Hickory for quite some time now with fantastic results!! :thumbup:

Can't wait to try their Black Cherry, Apple Mash, and Sweet Maple. Going to smoke some pork butts with the Apple Mash  8)
MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 02:22:26 PM »
Cooking' Pellets is not the "biggest" pellet company....but, much like other companies in our industry that are not the biggest ( think of some of the better quality grill companies that are no where as big a company as say...CharBroil...)....they are quality driven rather than low price/quantity driven.

Economics say that we can't have it both ways...Want better pellets - choose Cookin' Pellets instead of one of the big companies.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline UWFSAE

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 05:49:08 PM »
I've been a devotee of their Perfect Mix for nearly the entire run on my Blaz'n ... that being said, if I can convince my local dealer to bring in some Black Cherry or Apple Mash, I wouldn't mine giving them a chance to impress me.
Joe from Crosby, TX
Smokin-It #3
Weber Genesis E-330

Offline cookinpellets junior

• cookinpellets.com
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 11:37:33 AM »
kjr smoker... when you open that new bag of sweat maple try baking some cookies with it, you will be amazed. You can put them on a frog mat, or a cookie sheet at 300 degrees yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  E lol   just keep in mind your smoker works more like a convection oven so keep an eye on them, they will cook faster than your oven in the house. unless you have a convection in the house, well then you will have it handled  sauceome talking with you....
jr@cookinpellets.com
facebook: cookinpellets junior
facebook cookinpellets
www.cookinpellets.com

• cookinpellets.com
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 11:40:30 AM »
Cooking' Pellets is not the "biggest" pellet company....but, much like other companies in our industry that are not the biggest ( think of some of the better quality grill companies that are no where as big a company as say...CharBroil...)....they are quality driven rather than low price/quantity driven.

Economics say that we can't have it both ways...Want better pellets - choose Cookin' Pellets instead of one of the big companies.
                         WELL SAID TEESQUARE!!!  THANK YOU
jr@cookinpellets.com
facebook cookinpellets
www.cookinpellets.com

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 12:10:09 PM »

Forgot they were in Racine! Been working here all summer, need to check them out!
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline KJRsmoker

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 12:28:48 PM »
I did use the Black Cherry on some ribs but I have yet to use the Sweet Maple on my maple/brown sugar cured bacon.  CookinPellets are awesome and the company is great. 
2016 MAK 2 Star 2817 ~ Remote Boss
Blackstone Griddle 28"
Gas Grill

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 12:32:55 PM »
CookinPellets are the only pellets I will use.  Worth the drive across the border to get em  ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

• cookinpellets.com
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2018, 12:58:16 PM »
I've been a devotee of their Perfect Mix for nearly the entire run on my Blaz'n ... that being said, if I can convince my local dealer to bring in some Black Cherry or Apple Mash, I wouldn't mine giving them a chance to impress me.
   Hello Joe , hows the smokin going? i just found out what PETA truly means, PEOPLE EATING TASTEY ANIMALS  ;)  anywho,  who is your dealer you were going to ask about getting some pellets in, i would gladly contact them to see if there interested.. thanks any questions email me at jr@cookinpellets.com   have a good  one!
jr@cookinpellets.com
facebook cookinpellets
www.cookinpellets.com

• cookinpellets.com
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2018, 01:01:53 PM »
kjr smoker... when you open that new bag of sweat maple try baking some cookies with it, you will be amazed. You can put them on a frog mat, or a cookie sheet at 300 degrees yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  E lol   just keep in mind your smoker works more like a convection oven so keep an eye on them, they will cook faster than your oven in the house. unless you have a convection in the house, well then you will have it handled  sauceome talking with you....
  Hello Joe , hows the smokin going? i just found out what PETA truly means, PEOPLE EATING TASTEY ANIMALS  ;)  anywho,  who is your dealer you were going to ask about getting some pellets in, i would gladly contact them to see if there interested.. thanks any questions email me at jr@cookinpellets.com   have a good  one!
jr@cookinpellets.com
facebook cookinpellets
www.cookinpellets.com