Author Topic: Global Warming Finally Solved in Texas!  (Read 7186 times)

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
Global Warming Finally Solved in Texas!
« Reply #-1 on: February 16, 2021, 03:37:27 AM »
I am proud to announce that a smart environmentalist finally figured out how to get rid of global warming in Texas. When I walked outside today, I didn't even give global warming a thought. This is good; however, I am a little concerned that they went overboard on this new global cooling technology and am worried that the warmth we actually need might not come back any time soon.

We now know that we can't count on that new green technology with the spinning windmill blades because most of them froze up and we lost that power generation. There are over 10,700 turbines in Texas at about 4 Mil each. What a waste of good money. We don't have much solar energy in Texas, but that wouldn't have worked very well either because it has been mostly overcast.

I wish that I had a moral to this story. Oh, wait...Don't Mess With Texas.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Global Warming Finally Solved in Texas!
« on: February 16, 2021, 06:52:47 AM »
This is what happens when you let those Philosophy majors down at that little liberal arts college in Austin ( otherwise known as the University of Texas...) take over the weather in the state. ;) ;D ;D ;D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 09:16:00 AM »
Don, I thought they had pointed all those fans at us and turned them on high when I went out this morning!   
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 09:58:12 AM »
Well,  wish they would turn the warming machine back on because it’s 13 ice and snow and to top it off son and his family stayed over because they lost electricity yesterday.   I’m to old to raise kids and grandkids  ???

I mean fun to have to little ones by themselves but add the parents and it’s a different game    Kimmies OCD is being put to the test for sure

I need Global Warming PLEASE!!!!!!     
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 11:42:35 AM »
I feel badly for y'all. Having said that, I have to admit that I broke out the winter wardrobe since it's been pretty chilly here,too. Daytime temps are struggling to reach 80o and nights have been plunging to the low 60s.

Actually, we have had several inches of snow but we make it stay up on top of the mountains and don't let it run free in the streets like y'all do on the mainland. Jus' sayin...
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 11:48:34 AM »
-2 this morning and had no power from 1800 yesterday until 0600 this morning.  All day yesterday and until 1000 this morning we had rolling blackouts and electric company soft reboots of power every 3-8 minutes.  It has been normal for 45 minutes now and the house temp is up to 66 where we keep it anyways.  The heater hasn't cycled down normally yet, but should at some point.  7 outside right now.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline cookiecdcmk

• Always looking for new ways to improve my food.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 12:54:35 PM »
Yes, there is global warming here.  It set a record yesterday and was 89° in South Florida. 

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 01:15:58 PM »
I saw a picture of somebody snow skiing on the beach in Galveston.