Author Topic: Cutting Up a Turkey  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Rummm

• If you're lookin you ain't cookin!
    • Ask-A-Butcher
Cutting Up a Turkey
« Reply #-1 on: April 21, 2013, 02:19:54 PM »

If and when you ever see a sale on whole turkeys, buy some! Don't just serve a big bird on Thanks Giving or Christmas, follow the instructions below and you can have turkey all year around. The best way to freeze turkey is to use a vacuum packing system, such as the Food Saver. It prevents freezer burn, dehydration, deterioration and odors. I found a turkey thigh hiding in my freezer for three years...after thawing out, it was in just as good shape as the day I put it in there :)

"Culture is what your butcher would have if he were a surgeon.''

http://www.ask-a-butcher.com

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: Cutting Up a Turkey
« on: April 21, 2013, 03:26:42 PM »
Can't wait to see the videos.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Tinnmel

• Portsmouth, VA
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 04:58:14 PM »
Got a turkey cooking right now that's all cut up.  Plus I split the breast and deboned and skinned one half.  The boneless skinless breast and the legs and thighs I cured.  The boneless breast was then seasoned for turkey pastrami.  The legs and thighs will be like the legs you get at fairs and festivals.  The other breast still has bone and skin.  That along with the wings will be standard smoked turkey.  Multiple styles from one bird all during one cook.

Offline Rummm

• If you're lookin you ain't cookin!
    • Ask-A-Butcher
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 05:03:45 PM »
Got a turkey cooking right now that's all cut up.  Plus I split the breast and deboned and skinned one half.  The boneless skinless breast and the legs and thighs I cured.  The boneless breast was then seasoned for turkey pastrami.  The legs and thighs will be like the legs you get at fairs and festivals.  The other breast still has bone and skin.  That along with the wings will be standard smoked turkey.  Multiple styles from one bird all during one cook.

Two Thumbs Up!!  :)
"Culture is what your butcher would have if he were a surgeon.''

http://www.ask-a-butcher.com