Author Topic: Using the SRG TO SEAR meat after Sous Vide cooking  (Read 5241 times)

Offline MJP Michael

Using the SRG TO SEAR meat after Sous Vide cooking
« Reply #-1 on: January 29, 2022, 11:51:15 AM »
I just started cooking meat with a Sous Vide device. I am discovering that the Big Easy SRG grill is great for getting an amazing final sear on my meat without cooking it past your desired Sous Vide temperature. So far I have tried a Sous vide pulled pork and a medium rare Sous vide Rump roast. I have found the smoker attachment on the SRG doesn’t really work that well so a use an auxiliary SS smoker box at the bottom of the basket. I pre heat the SRG on high for 15-20 minutes till the smoke starts flowing. When my Sous vide meat is done, I use the 3 step cooling process to cool the meat so it doesn’t cook much in the SRG. I then place the meat in the top of the basket for 15-30 minutes to get the desired amount of Sear/Bark I want. The SRG does an amazing job of producing a nice sear without the need to use a cast iron skillet or a torch. I can’t wait to try cooking a brisket using these methods.

Anyone else out there have experience doing this? I’m just learning how to Sous Vide but it seems to do am amazing job of tendering tough (more inexpensive) cuts of meat to just the desired doneness.

Offline MJP Michael

Re: Using the SRG TO SEAR meat after Sous Vide cooking
« on: January 29, 2022, 02:34:05 PM »
Sous Vide Rump Roast medium Rare and finished off in Big Easy SRG. Sous Vide for 28 hours at 136F. Very tender.

Offline MJP Michael

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 02:41:00 PM »
Pulled pork (1/2 of a Boston Butt). Sous Vide at 145F for 20 hours. Finish Sear on Big Easy SRG for 30 minutes. Juiciest pulled pork I ever made.

Offline MJP Michael

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 02:42:07 PM »
Pulled pork above on the plate.

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 06:34:31 PM »
All the $hit looks good ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine