Welcome Center > House Rules

NEW INFO ABOUT LTBBQ....MUST READ

<< < (3/7) > >>

CDN Smoker:
Thanks Tee everyone once in a while we all need a little reminder. I get spanked at least a couple times a year ::)

I for one am Truely thankful for being invited and allowed to join LTBBQ & More ;D

Thank you, spasiba

teesquare:

--- Quote from: RAD on February 24, 2015, 06:53:00 PM ---I know this isn't easy for you to talk about Tee but it is sometimes needed to keep this site running with the respect we all share for each other.

tlg, that is an attachment, but a dang good looking one.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for recognizing RAD - but...hey it is all about making this place even better for ALL of us. I think of it this way: With all of the great cooking tips and recipes and advice I have received for my friends on LTBBQ - wouldn't I naturally want to reciprocate - and share some things I have discovered or tied that worked out well? Of course! That's really all there is to that part.

--- Quote from: Pam Gould on February 24, 2015, 07:00:32 PM ---So..your saying I have to use a service to upload my photos to, before I post them here? .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

--- End quote ---

No, not exactly...I am saying that we have a finite amount of storage and bandwidth. When we use the "attachment" mode of posting a picture - that adds to the data on our system. Whereas - if you do use a hosting service - (where the photo is stored on a server other than ours ) it will be able to stay visible on LTBBQ - for as long as you have that acct. where you store your photos.
IF you choose to post it as an attachment - we will clean those off our server at least every 90 days, and - as we grow....more often in order to prevent slowing down the service you get from the server.
So, not a rule - but a strong suggestion that you use a cloud service or something to serve as internet accessible storage - so that your photos stay visible here. It is a growth problem. We should do this before it causes any crashes of the site.

muebe:
Well I remember a time on this forum when there were only a couple dozen members. We have now grown to a quality group of people. Slowly picking each brick and placing them individually creating a great foundation. We are a very tight knit group.

With that being said we do need to be careful about things we post that could be offensive or turn off new members. Search engines like Google grab key words and phrases. We could come up in a search for content nothing to do with cooking. And even after a thread is deleted if one of the spiders grabs the info it is still available in a search and the page might be save on the Google server.

As far as the photo dumping well I was not aware that the host had this policy. I don't mind the silent movie postings as I think they are fun. If anything maybe post the recipe/instructions I the recipe section with a link. That way we can enjoy the series of pictures and goto the recipe if needed.

teesquare:

--- Quote from: CDN Smoker on February 24, 2015, 07:48:50 PM ---Thanks Tee everyone once in a while we all need a little reminder. I get spanked at least a couple times a year ::)

I for one am Truely thankful for being invited and allowed to join LTBBQ & More ;D

Thank you, spasiba

--- End quote ---

Drew - you are always welcome ( DOBRO POZALOVAT'  ;) )  We all just want to make our great place even better. My job is to clean up and assist...and sometimes "coach" ;D But my job is never to be be P.I.A. , policeman, judge, or "authoritarian". Not what I am here for, and further I can assure you that none of the Admins or Moderator are on a power trip. That is the furthest thing from anyone's mind.
It is YOU  - the members that make LTBBQ worthwhile. And, while we have to make some decisions without consulting the general memberships, there are no changes made based on ONE person's opinion or feelings.

teesquare:

--- Quote from: muebe on February 24, 2015, 09:55:41 PM ---Well I remember a time on this forum when there were only a couple dozen members. We have now grown to a quality group of people. Slowly picking each brick and placing them individually creating a great foundation. We are a very tight knit group.

With that being said we do need to be careful about things we post that could be offensive or turn off new members. Search engines like Google grab key words and phrases. We could come up in a search for content nothing to do with cooking. And even after a thread is deleted if one of the spiders grabs the info it is still available in a search and the page might be save on the Google server.

As far as the photo dumping well I was not aware that the host had this policy. I don't mind the silent movie postings as I think they are fun. If anything maybe post the recipe/instructions I the recipe section with a link. That way we can enjoy the series of pictures and goto the recipe if needed.

--- End quote ---

Yes - they are fun...for those of us that understand what is going on. But, as you pointed out we are much larger than a couple of dozen members now, and we owe it to newer members to make information as accessible  as possible. And, recipes should be in the post if possible, to keep someone from having to go elsewhere to find them. There are mitigating circumstances of course, but as a rule - post the recipe if you can.

The "silent movies" are o.k. if the are posts of things that are simple items that we have a lot of information about already ( like...ribs ;) ;D ) and I think all we could ask is - that if the poster tried something different than the ordinary - tell us what it was, and whether it was better, worse or just unique from the regular methods. It is about courtesy, respect and sharing. That is it. And...that stricly a string of photos is a photo dump ::) :) and I have defended us/negotiated with our hosting service due some that even I had posted. So - it is not a finger pointing at any one person, just timing - and some corrective steerage to help us stay on their good side. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version