Welcome Center > House Rules

Things that we need to pay attention to..MUST READ

(1/5) > >>

teesquare:
There are 2 things that we need all members to please take note of:

As we have grown, we still want to maintain our friendly, mutual respect tone, and that seems to be doing well. However - there have been a couple of occasions which one of the Admins or Moderators needed to chat with a member about something that was important to the health of the site, or to protect the member himself from.

SEVERAL attempts were made by e-mail, and PM to just help a member in this regard, and look after the best interest of the forum. No scolding tone, not threats of banning...just friendly request for our mutual best interest....

NONE of the PMs or e-mails were even acknowledged by the member. Eventually the decision was made to ban this member. Why? In one instance -photo dumping - after he had been asked several times to not do this and it was fully explained to him that we will LOSE OUR HOSTING ACCOUNT if the service we use perceives us as trying to be a "photo hosting site". As long as there is supportive text describing what is pictured, or a recipe - no problem. Had he responded to any of the e-mails or PMs....he would still be here on LTBBQ today. It really frustrates me that we could not find a way to get him to simply communicate with us on this matter. Further, it frustrated me to the point that, we had to ban him.

Look....folks this place exists solely because we all wanted a place that was not run like a police-state. And where we can trust that ALL of us will offer mutual respect as the social tie that binds us together as a community.

So, 2 things - please:
Post pictures!!! Please - post pictures...*BUT* be sure to add in relevant text about the pictures. YOU can help protect LTBBQ - better than the Admins and Mods having to scan all pots and threads daily.

And - if an Admin or Moderator reaches out to you in an e-mail or PM, you should feel compelled to respond....TRUST THIS - there is no intent to scold, belittle, talk down to you, or in ANY way - make you feel bad....WE are not "policemen". WE are not on any kind of power trip ( Who in their right mind would feel ANY "power" in being a Mod. or Admin. on a forum? ;) :D :D

Seriously....we want to grow LTBBQ - but we will not allow our tradition and philosophy of "Food, Fun and Fellowship" to die for the sake of growth. We have a community based on trust, and friendship...Let's continue to protect our traditions.
Thanks!
T

smoker pete:
Well said Tee ... Thanks for providing a great Forum that we can all enjoy!

As you well know, many of us early members are refugees from a variety of other Forums ... for good reason - enough said ...

Thanks again

TwoPockets:
Well said! I guess that is why we pay you so much.

TMB:
Well said T :thumbup: :thumbup:

rwalters:
It’s forum leadership like this that makes the place shine!  And I’m also glad that I still have an active account and he’s not talking about me :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version