OTHER HOBBIES > OTHER HOBBIES

Plinkers?

(1/5) > >>

RG:
Do any of you do any range time? I haven't been in quite some time, probably a couple of years. I know the price of ammo is going up but I've lately got the itch to go to my local state ran gun range as it's free as long as you have a fishing/hunting license. With all of the nuttiness in the world, I figured it might be good to stay in practice!

I ordered another firearm (like I needed it). It'll be at my local Pawn Shop up the road sometime Monday. They're the closest FFL dealer to me. I can't wait to try it out, it'll be my first and most likely last 9mm carbine. Should be a lot of fun!

TMB:
I love to when I can , just have not been in sometime  :-[

Oneof11:
I was just at the range a couple of weeks ago. Pistol range and skeet as well. Aside from the heat it was fun. I was nervous shooting the 12 gage because of my recent back surgery, but it went well.
I thought by now the ammo sitch was going to start getting better, but it has not.

Lines:
We have a very nice range 4 minutes from the house. My wife and I were there 3 weeks ago to sight in an AR15 that I held back for myself when I closed our gun shop in Iowa. My eyes aren't like they used to be, but I kept a 3" 10 shot pattern at 100 yards. Good enough for me.
My wife has her own AR15, and loves to shoot. I also sighted in my Winchester 25-06 that I recently installed a Trijicon scope. 1", five shot group at 100 yards. Both of those rifles are capable of better accuracy than I can provide. I need to get the shotguns out again. Haven't shot any trap for over 2 years now. Only 1 sport better than shooting, that is fishing!

pmillen:
I shoot weekly in a league (open sights, 9mm and larger).  It's run like a bowling league where low scoring teams are "spotted" 80% of the difference in the two teams' averages.  It's just a fun league (people with pistols), there aren't any race-guns and it's nothing like IDPA or USPSA shooting.  None of us will ever be Bianchi Cup shooters but we have a lot of fun.  And then we go eat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version