Author Topic: Lighting Strike  (Read 1635 times)

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
Re: Lighting Strike
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 05:02:16 PM »
 We deal with a lot of lightning here as well.  The picture is whats left of a fishing rod that was in a rod holder of a customers boat.  It was one of those graphite rods. I would not have expected it to get struck but there you have it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
Lighting Strike
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 05:19:01 PM »
Ya I have graphite golf clubs and I dont golf in the rain 

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 07:37:27 PM »
Most have flooding in the spring, this is from all the rain we have had. New record levels

http://www.ebrandon.ca/photo.aspx?picture_id=29360
Hey Drew,got your canoe yet?
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 08:26:21 PM »
We deal with a lot of lightning here as well.  The picture is whats left of a fishing rod that was in a rod holder of a customers boat.  It was one of those graphite rods. I would not have expected it to get struck but there you have it.

WOW.....I can't remember how many times I've been fishing with graphite rods when there has been lightning off in the distance, better not do that anymore.  ???
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)