Author Topic: Hog farmer in MN - and future BBQ/Smoker home cook  (Read 2618 times)

Offline LOOPERDOLLY

Re: Hog farmer in MN - and future BBQ/Smoker home cook
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2014, 08:50:46 PM »
Again, thanks for the friendly introductions.

We raise two purebred heritage breeds: berkshires and gloucestershire old spots. We also raise crosses. Local chefs and foodies really like the old style heritage pork which has more marbling, thicker fat cap, and more of a red meat than a white meat. As we learn about bbq and smoking the pork, we'll be sure to report back on any conclusions regarding pork breed. For now, our focus is on learning what you all do so well. Fostering strong family and community ties by creating a  relaxing bbq venue at the farm, and serving up some outstanding slow cooked food. And, of course, have fun while doing it :)

Cheers, and see you in the various forums.

LooperDolly
Looper Dolly
Hog Farmer
Pork Producer
Meat biased Omnivore

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2014, 09:21:16 PM »
Another welcome from North Texas, wish we were closer I would love to get my pork from you it sounds awesome, we have allowed the food police to breed the flavor right out of most pork.

Offline catinatree

• Boulder, Colorado
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2014, 11:18:28 PM »
Another welcome from North Texas, wish we were closer I would love to get my pork from you it sounds awesome, we have allowed the food police to breed the flavor right out of most pork.

I second that emotion, more flavor, less government.
GMG Daniel Boone
Southwest Discada 24" Rio Grande
Discada tri-pod burner
PolyScience Sous Vide

Offline Curtislowe

• WOW Fan
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2014, 09:49:32 AM »
Welcome from South Arkansas.
PBC
SMOKIN-IT # 1
PK 360
GRILL GRATES
DorkFood DSV
Savor Spices

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2014, 01:10:32 PM »
Again, thanks for the friendly introductions.

We raise two purebred heritage breeds: berkshires and gloucestershire old spots. We also raise crosses. Local chefs and foodies really like the old style heritage pork which has more marbling, thicker fat cap, and more of a red meat than a white meat. As we learn about bbq and smoking the pork, we'll be sure to report back on any conclusions regarding pork breed. For now, our focus is on learning what you all do so well. Fostering strong family and community ties by creating a  relaxing bbq venue at the farm, and serving up some outstanding slow cooked food. And, of course, have fun while doing it :)

Cheers, and see you in the various forums.

LooperDolly

Do you sell to the public?
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2014, 12:43:37 AM »
Greetings from Las Vegas.  ;)

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Northshore

Hog farmer in MN - and future BBQ/Smoker home cook
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2014, 08:10:21 AM »

Hey buddy....welcome from Minnesota. I'm in Woodbury. Where in our state are you from? A few of us here would love to buy some pork from you 8)

Another Minnesota welcome - Brooklyn Park. I'm another that would love to buy some pork from you.

Another Minnesota welcome,- Grand Marais, and I also am always looking for
Good meat source.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
― Mahatma Gandhi