Author Topic: Wifes....They don't understand  (Read 1326 times)

Offline N. Ontario Smoker

Wifes....They don't understand
« Reply #-1 on: July 30, 2014, 10:15:44 AM »
My wife saw the post about Teesquare getting a yogurt maker and I mentioned I wanted one too. She told me to go into the utility room and count the stuff I had. I saw a convection oven, a Ronco, an ice crusher, a bread machine, a slow cooker, an indoor grill, an extra coffee machine, a pasta maker, a panini press, a juicer, a kitchenaid mixer, a  George Foreman, a dehydrator, a blender for ice, a blender for drinks, a food processor,  and 2 silver pails to hold Coronas which now hold about 40 assorted little things that I might need one day. Right above the Ronco there is a space. Just enough to put a yogurt maker.
I'm assuming she just wanted me see if I had room. lol  Now I don't know if I should tell her about the Pit Barrel Cooker I want.
"Vegetarian" is an old Indian word for bad hunter.

Fred

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Wifes....They don't understand
« on: July 30, 2014, 10:22:31 AM »
"It is easier to ask forgiveness than permission"..... :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 10:31:57 AM »
You sound like me N.OS!!! My garage is full of my cooking stuff, but it only takes up about a fourth of the shelf space the rest is my wife's junk! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 10:34:02 AM »
I understand..does she have a birthday or anniversary coming up , so you could get her a yougrt maker for her to make them for you?  Then when she doesn't wanna do it..you got a yogurt maker..LOL  Ya gotta trick them.  I just get one and don't ask. Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 11:03:59 AM »
Make her a special yogurt dish when you get it.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 11:40:30 AM »
I'm assuming she just wanted me see if I had room. lol  Now I don't know if I should tell her about the Pit Barrel Cooker I want.

I'm sure you are right.... yikes!  ??? ??? ???
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline N. Ontario Smoker

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 11:46:49 AM »
 I liked the "ask forgiveness than permission" thing. I guess I can fill that space then.
"Vegetarian" is an old Indian word for bad hunter.

Fred

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 11:51:06 AM »
Get rid of the Ronco  ::)
Frees up space!
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline 1Bigg_ER

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 11:57:27 AM »
I normally just take her to her closet and show her all the shoes.
KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum
Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5 AKA Big Worm
PBC AKA The chicken whisperer

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 12:25:57 PM »
"It is easier to ask forgiveness than permission"..... :D

Amen to this! Done this way too often!!  ;)
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 12:29:20 PM »
My wife saw the post about Teesquare getting a yogurt maker and I mentioned I wanted one too. She told me to go into the utility room and count the stuff I had. I saw a convection oven, a Ronco, an ice crusher, a bread machine, a slow cooker, an indoor grill, an extra coffee machine, a pasta maker, a panini press, a juicer, a kitchenaid mixer, a  George Foreman, a dehydrator, a blender for ice, a blender for drinks, a food processor,  and 2 silver pails to hold Coronas which now hold about 40 assorted little things that I might need one day. Right above the Ronco there is a space. Just enough to put a yogurt maker.
obviously you need a bigger utility room.
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline hikerman

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 12:31:58 PM »

Hmmm....most definitely get the yogurt-maker now and see what penance will be required of you by the Mrs later! Lol
Oh Fred the PBC will not fit into any space on that shelf! That you will have to hide out back for awhile til the dust settles!

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 01:26:36 PM »
get the yogurt maker and the PBC.  then send her on a nice vacation w/ girlfriends.  while she is gone you can use the PBC and make yourself some tasty yogurt.   ;)  work it buddy.  work it......   

the "ask forgiveness after the fact" only works if you have been married over 20 years.  before the 20 year mark I am too afraid if my wife.  now she just says "what do you want now?" 
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Wingman

• Central Maine
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 01:33:50 PM »
She told me to go into the utility room and count the stuff I had. I saw a convection oven, a Ronco, an ice crusher, a bread machine, a slow cooker, an indoor grill, an extra coffee machine, a pasta maker, a panini press, a juicer, a kitchenaid mixer, a  George Foreman, a dehydrator, a blender for ice, a blender for drinks, a food processor,  and 2 silver pails to hold Coronas which now hold about 40 assorted little things that I might need one day. Right above the Ronco there is a space. Just enough to put a yogurt maker.
I'm assuming she just wanted me see if I had room.

:) :) :)
"You will thank us for smoking."

Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Spirit E310
Weber Performer Premium
MAK 1 Star #184
Bradley OBS #968,312

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 08:12:13 PM »
NOS, I'm an expert at giving my wife gifts that she can use.  I've given her a hoe,  a lawn mower (push type so she can get exercise while she cuts the grass), a Husqvana large gas hedge trimmer (our back fence was looking ragged and I got tired of her working with the hand clippers).  For Mother's Day I got her one of those mittens you put on your hand to wash pickups with and a new bucket to hold the soap. Her birthday's coming up in a little over a month and I think I'll get her one of those hoses that coil themselves back up with you cut the water off because I'm tire of he leaving the big hose uncoiled and me stepping over it when I go out back to the hammock.

So, as you can see I know how to give wives gifts. Now, to help you with your situation.  It's obvious to me that the reason she sent you out to the storage shed was for you to do an inventory and understand that you have many things but SHE DOES NOT have a PBC and wants one.

I have learned that in gift giving for wives it's good to take a hint and buy what they are hinting at.  I don't know how long you have been married but it's probably not as long as I and you may not be as atuned to hints as I am.  As you look at the list of things I've bought my wife you can see they are for the most part responses to her hints.  For example, she has told me, "I'm tired of seeing that water hose not coiled up."  "I'm tired of the grass getting so tall." "I'm tired of my car not being washed." " I'm tired of all that growth on the back fence.'' 

So, you see it still amazes her how much I listen to her because she is usually speechless when she opens a gift and sees that I bought her what she was hinting for.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers